Lateral from V10 (SC/CSM/DPW) to QE, OMM, or Debevoise. Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
JustTheFacts

New

Lateral from V10 (SC/CSM/DPW) to QE, OMM, or Debevoise.

Post by JustTheFacts » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:50 am

Looking to lateral from my current V10 firm to QE, OMM, or Debevoise, hoping to do work in civil and commercial litigation with a mix of white collar. In particular curious if anybody has perspective on OMM, given a lot of the shit posting I've seen on here about them.

Or should I just stick it out and go clerk first?

LBJ's Hair

Silver

Re: Lateral from V10 (SC/CSM/DPW) to QE, OMM, or Debevoise.

Post by LBJ's Hair » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:46 pm

if you're gonna clerk, I would do that first. if you're not already set on it, I'm not sure why you're focusing your search on these three firms? is it b/c you already have offers?

No particular insight into OMM

jbagelboy

Diamond

Re: Lateral from V10 (SC/CSM/DPW) to QE, OMM, or Debevoise.

Post by jbagelboy » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:26 pm

Clerk if you can, then interview with these firms and others; easier lateral move generally.

I’d go to Debevoise of these three if you’re in New York, O’Melveny if you’re in California or DC. But as the above poster says, I don’t follow the focus on these three.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”