Vault 2022 Released

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Anonymous User
Posts: 376251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:26 am

JD and Boies had big drops.

ExpOriental

Bronze
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by ExpOriental » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:47 am

lmao Cravath still at #1

I knew that would happen, but it's still funny to see

Edit: good lord, WSGR went down and Shearman went up. What on earth.

Rule23andMe

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:28 am

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by Rule23andMe » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:55 am

ExpOriental wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:47 am
lmao Cravath still at #1

I knew that would happen, but it's still funny to see

Edit: good lord, WSGR went down and Shearman went up. What on earth.
WSGR jumped from 15 to 9 in the Antitrust rankings fwiw

Anonymous User
Posts: 376251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:57 am

Who cares

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 376251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:58 am

Goodwin moving up by one despite the layoffs… smh

namefromplace

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:11 am

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by namefromplace » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:33 am

Rule23andMe wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:55 am
ExpOriental wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:47 am
lmao Cravath still at #1

I knew that would happen, but it's still funny to see

Edit: good lord, WSGR went down and Shearman went up. What on earth.
WSGR jumped from 15 to 9 in the Antitrust rankings fwiw
Yeah, antitrust rankings had a ton of movement (not surprising given the number of high-profile cases from the past year).

Anonymous User
Posts: 376251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:35 am

Perkins making the biggest move with a ten point jump to 33 :o

User avatar
desiballa21

Bronze
Posts: 446
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:33 pm

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by desiballa21 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:35 am
Perkins making the biggest move with a ten point jump to 33 :o
marc elias factor

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


objctnyrhnr

Moderator
Posts: 1449
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:44 am

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by objctnyrhnr » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:26 am
JD and Boies had big drops.
Not big enough in JD’s case. How many other non market paying firms are in top50, let alone top 30?

SGTslaughter

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:02 pm

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by SGTslaughter » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:57 am
Who cares

People love acting like Vault doesn't matter at all while they use distinctions like V5, V10, V15, etc...

Anonymous User
Posts: 376251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:13 pm

SGTslaughter wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:10 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:57 am
Who cares

People love acting like Vault doesn't matter at all while they use distinctions like V5, V10, V15, etc...
It doesn't and these rankings show it. Like people going wild over UF or Bama making top25 in law school rankings -- only things that have ever mattered are employment stats, and that's why you have the t13/t14 meme.

Only interesting thing here is JD barely sliding out of the v20.

Anonymous User
Posts: 376251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:15 pm

Bryan Cave dropping after absolutely demolishing St. Louis market is silly. Faegre dropping a bunch after its huge merger is kind of funny.

My favorite example of Vault being stupid, its appellate rankings, stayed stupid. Williams & Connolly at #2 and Paul Weiss at #7 just because they have one well-known partner each even though they have tiny appellate practices. Meanwhile, Chambers Band 2 practices Latham and Orrick are at 16 and 23, respectively. Skadden was previously somehow #14 despite not having an appellate group, and has since launched one, but now somehow hasn't moved. But that's still not enough to beat Cravath, which also doesn't have an appellate group yet somehow moved up.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


SGTslaughter

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:02 pm

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by SGTslaughter » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:58 am
Goodwin moving up by one despite the layoffs… smh
Think the layoffs occurred after the survey deadline. But I hope everyone remembered this year - I sure did.

Anonymous User
Posts: 376251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:28 pm

super curious how faegre is actually doing - surprised there hasn't been more press about how their mega merger has actually worked out.

Wubbles

Bronze
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:55 pm

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by Wubbles » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:28 pm
super curious how faegre is actually doing - surprised there hasn't been more press about how their mega merger has actually worked out.
They slightly missed their target revenue for 2020, but also gave out what I would consider to be massive raises for smaller market offices.

Anonymous User
Posts: 376251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:13 pm
SGTslaughter wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:10 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:57 am
Who cares

People love acting like Vault doesn't matter at all while they use distinctions like V5, V10, V15, etc...
It doesn't and these rankings show it. Like people going wild over UF or Bama making top25 in law school rankings -- only things that have ever mattered are employment stats, and that's why you have the t13/t14 meme.

Only interesting thing here is JD barely sliding out of the v20.
Ahh, nothing says "I dont care, it doesnt matter" quite like taking the time to leave a comment on a vault rankings thread where you manifest your in-depth research of the vault and law school rankings

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


Anonymous User
Posts: 376251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:55 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:13 pm
SGTslaughter wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:10 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:57 am
Who cares

People love acting like Vault doesn't matter at all while they use distinctions like V5, V10, V15, etc...
It doesn't and these rankings show it. Like people going wild over UF or Bama making top25 in law school rankings -- only things that have ever mattered are employment stats, and that's why you have the t13/t14 meme.

Only interesting thing here is JD barely sliding out of the v20.
Ahh, nothing says "I dont care, it doesnt matter" quite like taking the time to leave a comment on a vault rankings thread where you manifest your in-depth research of the vault and law school rankings
what exactly in that comment was controversial? lmao

Anonymous User
Posts: 376251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:59 pm

Those poor/clueless law students interested in lit who look at this and think K&L Gates and Munger are remotely comparable firms...

User avatar
Definitely Not North

Bronze
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:16 am

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by Definitely Not North » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:00 pm

Yeah I want to meet the people that think K&L Gates is more prestigious than like any of the ~30 firms immediately below it

Anonymous User
Posts: 376251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:02 pm

Wubbles wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:31 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:28 pm
super curious how faegre is actually doing - surprised there hasn't been more press about how their mega merger has actually worked out.
They slightly missed their target revenue for 2020, but also gave out what I would consider to be massive raises for smaller market offices.
FD associate. Revenue miss (just under $1b) in 2020 was not by much, pretty good for the pandemic and merger combo. Firm seems to be doing well overall and compensation has increased significantly since the merger. The Bonuses have also been large especially for non major markets. There was some initial drop in headcount and they went over the top with reducing salaries in April 20 because of the merger, which is why I think the Vault rank dipped, but that has leveled off and the firm seems to be quite busy.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


Vault1002022

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:17 am

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by Vault1002022 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:34 am

I have to say, glad to see Jones Day finally falling down the rankings. The black box compensation, paying associates less than market, sex discrimination, etc. should have caught up with it long ago.

cheaptilts

Silver
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:29 pm

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by cheaptilts » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:59 pm
Those poor/clueless law students interested in lit who look at this and think K&L Gates and Munger are remotely comparable firms...
Except this literally never happens. Law students aren’t as clueless as this board makes them out to be.

Anonymous User
Posts: 376251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:50 am

cheaptilts wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:53 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:59 pm
Those poor/clueless law students interested in lit who look at this and think K&L Gates and Munger are remotely comparable firms...
Except this literally never happens. Law students aren’t as clueless as this board makes them out to be.
Many absolutely are. Describing some folks at my T6 as "clueless" would be kind.

Anonymous User
Posts: 376251
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault 2022 Released

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:17 am

SGTslaughter wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:23 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:58 am
Goodwin moving up by one despite the layoffs… smh
Think the layoffs occurred after the survey deadline. But I hope everyone remembered this year - I sure did.
Or, you could rank firms based on quality and what you actually know about them in real life. The "layoffs" were completely overblown by people on the internet. Anyone I know who was "laid off" are the people who would be asked to leave any other firm. I'm talking about people literally not doing work or responding to emails.

Maybe someone who was counseled out had a different experience, but this seemed like a complete BS story and people should stop perpetuating it. Every firm does this, and the numbers that started circulating online are completely inaccurate.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”