Chances of getting offer... Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Chances of getting offer...

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:20 pm

8 days post 2nd round interviews, for a lateral hire for Big Law. Have gotten no response as of yet and am starting to think it is a no go. Interviews with partners seemed to go very well.

cavalier1138

Re: Chances of getting offer...

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:48 am

I don't know how you expect anyone to be able to answer this question based on the extremely vague information you've provided.

LittleRedCorvette

Bronze

Post by LittleRedCorvette » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:20 pm
8 days post 2nd round interviews, for a lateral hire for Big Law. Have gotten no response as of yet and am starting to think it is a no go. Interviews with partners seemed to go very well.
I wouldn't hire you based on how crappy this post is.

Fireworks2016

Bronze

Post by Fireworks2016 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:20 pm
Just chill out, man.

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:37 am

8 days is nothing. OCI trains law students to think that hiring happens on a specific schedule that just doesn’t apply in basically any other context. I mean, it may well be a no go - you don’t have the job until you have the job, so put it out of your mind and move on, but it’s too early to say anything for certain (especially since none of us know anything about the job you’re talking about).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Silver

Post by 2013 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:54 am

8 days possibly means that you’re not the top candidate. Or it could mean that they’re still interviewing others who were already scheduled to interview.

hdr

Bronze

Post by hdr » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:41 am

If you're so anxious just ask the recruiter for an update. Headhunters do it all the time for applicants they're working with; firm recruiters are used to it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:58 pm

Op here

Not sure why this was such a pathetic question? Purposely left identifying details vague. The point was after how mAny days of expecting an offer and not getting one, does it mean its time to move on, from people who have lateralled. Obviously a very stressful time for anyone who has gone through it. I did reach out to the headhunter and he said I am still under strong consideration and the company will let me know after 2 weeks. Hoping thats a good sign.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:58 pm
Op here

Not sure why this was such a pathetic question? Purposely left identifying details vague. The point was after how mAny days of expecting an offer and not getting one, does it mean its time to move on, from people who have lateralled. Obviously a very stressful time for anyone who has gone through it. I did reach out to the headhunter and he said I am still under strong consideration and the company will let me know after 2 weeks. Hoping thats a good sign.
Just went through this. One took a week, the other keeps telling me they will give me an update (as I told them I have other offers). Guessing they'll take about 2 weeks. I'd start following up with HR after a week to ask for time frame and say you are interviewing other places.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:58 pm
Op here

Sure, but the problem is that outside of OCI (and not even always then), there's no way to know whether 8 days means you're out of the running, they're still interviewing more people, or they just all had a bunch of shit come up and had to put hiring on the back burner. It's not standardized. No one can give you an answer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:17 pm

Is it a bad sign if you interview for an unposted position and the firm posts the position the next day? I'm hoping there is just a disconnect between recruiting and the attorneys but it was discouraging.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:47 pm

Op here
Now past two week mark and headhunter said the company told him they would make the final decision this week. Still no response at all which is really disheartening at this point I am assuming was offered to someone else.

1styearlateral

Silver

Post by 1styearlateral » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:06 am

It’s a holiday week so don’t get too anxious.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”