Lateral into Project Finance? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Lateral into Project Finance?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:40 pm

Hi all,

Gaining an interest in project finance. In the NY market, is it possible/common to lateral from classic finance and/or restructuring in V10 to a L&W/Milbank for PF? If so, when is best to lateral before I miss the boat?

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Lateral into Project Finance?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:40 pm
Hi all,

Gaining an interest in project finance. In the NY market, is it possible/common to lateral from classic finance and/or restructuring in V10 to a L&W/Milbank for PF? If so, when is best to lateral before I miss the boat?

Thanks!
Former PF associate at one the firms you mentioned, now in-house. PF is highly specialized, so it's best you make the move ASAP. A ton on projects-specific knowledge is learned in years 1 and 2.

Anonymous User

Re: Lateral into Project Finance?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:52 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:40 pm
Hi all,

Thanks!

Former PF associate at one the firms you mentioned, now in-house. PF is highly specialized, so it's best you make the move ASAP. A ton on projects-specific knowledge is learned in years 1 and 2.
Do you have any recommendations for lateraling? I’m a first year at a firm without a project finance practice but I want to do project finance. I’m just wary of the idea of trying to lateral to a practice where I have no experience after less than a year at a firm.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”