Husch Blackwell Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
pineapplemac

New

Husch Blackwell

Post by pineapplemac » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:29 pm

Has anyone heard anything from Husch Blackwell regarding SAs? I had a callback with them a week ago for a 1l SA. Would also love to hear what people have heard about their reputation.

Anonymous User

Re: Husch Blackwell

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:01 am

WashU 1L OCI coming up this week and as of a couple days ago they were scheduling callbacks for the week of the 22nd.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:16 pm

I know they have been facing some backlash due to their representation of Trump and Kanye during the elections

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:16 pm

Never heard of em but looks like they're fairly new and lit-focused

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:47 pm

Definitely not a new firm, but also depends on what market you're talking about. They're based in Kansas City and have a big St. Louis office as well. In the major markets that they have offices in, they don't pay market (I think Chicago pays either 165 or 170). I know people who loved their summer there and people who hated it, so can't give you much insight on that part, but knowing which office you're referring to would help.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pineapplemac

New

Post by pineapplemac » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:47 pm
Definitely not a new firm, but also depends on what market you're talking about. They're based in Kansas City and have a big St. Louis office as well. In the major markets that they have offices in, they don't pay market (I think Chicago pays either 165 or 170). I know people who loved their summer there and people who hated it, so can't give you much insight on that part, but knowing which office you're referring to would help.
I'm referring to the Austin office.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:53 pm

I heard they did not give 100% offer (not because people did bad but because of their financial reasons). Take this in mind if you have other choices.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:47 pm
Yeah, it's an old Midwest firm that has repeatedly merged and expanded. It's biglaw by headcount but largely focused on the lower-growth parts of the Midwest (especially Missouri, in which it has five offices) and does not pay market in major cities. I don't imagine it will be a major player in Austin, especially with so many market-paying firms opening up there at the moment (McKool Smith, WSGR, plus obviously BB and VE, etc.).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”