Gunderson v Cooley NYC

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 365231
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Gunderson v Cooley NYC

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:54 pm

Second year at a v5, looking to make a switch to emerging companies/VC work, primarily with tech or tech adjacent/consumer facing companies. Totally understand there’s more of this work in CA, but looking to stay in NY for now.

Pretty far along with both Gunderson and Cooley’s NY offices - would anyone have insight into which would be stronger in this market for EC/VC and particularly tech work?

Anonymous User
Posts: 365231
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Gunderson v Cooley NYC

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:54 pm
Second year at a v5, looking to make a switch to emerging companies/VC work, primarily with tech or tech adjacent/consumer facing companies. Totally understand there’s more of this work in CA, but looking to stay in NY for now.

Pretty far along with both Gunderson and Cooley’s NY offices - would anyone have insight into which would be stronger in this market for EC/VC and particularly tech work?
Gunderson is stronger for now but I fully expect Cooley to overtake it soon

Anonymous User
Posts: 365231
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Gunderson v Cooley NYC

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:01 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:54 pm
Second year at a v5, looking to make a switch to emerging companies/VC work, primarily with tech or tech adjacent/consumer facing companies. Totally understand there’s more of this work in CA, but looking to stay in NY for now.

Pretty far along with both Gunderson and Cooley’s NY offices - would anyone have insight into which would be stronger in this market for EC/VC and particularly tech work?
Gunderson is stronger for now but I fully expect Cooley to overtake it soon
Thanks! Any sense as to why?

VentureMBA

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:34 pm

Re: Gunderson v Cooley NYC

Post by VentureMBA » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:42 am

DM me and I can lend you some insight into these firms and others you might consider.

Anonymous User
Posts: 365231
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Gunderson v Cooley NYC

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:51 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:01 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:54 pm
Second year at a v5, looking to make a switch to emerging companies/VC work, primarily with tech or tech adjacent/consumer facing companies. Totally understand there’s more of this work in CA, but looking to stay in NY for now.

Pretty far along with both Gunderson and Cooley’s NY offices - would anyone have insight into which would be stronger in this market for EC/VC and particularly tech work?
Gunderson is stronger for now but I fully expect Cooley to overtake it soon
Thanks! Any sense as to why?
Because Cooley is a stronger firm overall and they're investing heavily into their NY office

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 365231
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Gunderson v Cooley NYC

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:50 am

VentureMBA wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:42 am
DM me and I can lend you some insight into these firms and others you might consider.
Thanks! DMing you

perpetuallyconfused4

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:04 pm

Re: Gunderson v Cooley NYC

Post by perpetuallyconfused4 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:24 pm

Could I also DM you for info on the firms?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”