v100 Big Law vs Jackson Lewis Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

v100 Big Law vs Jackson Lewis

v100
74%
Jackson Lewis
26%

Total votes: 23

Anonymous User

v100 Big Law vs Jackson Lewis

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:14 pm

Figured this has been asked here before but thought I would give it a shot. Feel free to provide any experience or opinion you may have on this. Obviously interest in L&E and would be coming in as a first year. I am more familiar with some of the attorneys at the JL office if that is relevant. Would like the ability to move to a different city down the road and was hoping to balance JL's multiple offices vs the lateral opportunities of a v100.

sparty99

Gold

Re: v100 Big Law vs Jackson Lewis

Post by sparty99 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:14 pm
Figured this has been asked here before but thought I would give it a shot. Feel free to provide any experience or opinion you may have on this. Obviously interest in L&E and would be coming in as a first year. I am more familiar with some of the attorneys at the JL office if that is relevant. Would like the ability to move to a different city down the road and was hoping to balance JL's multiple offices vs the lateral opportunities of a v100.
People usually leave Jackson Lewis to work Big Law. The V100 is vague, but generally, it means more money. I would do V100 easily.

Anonymous User

Re: v100 Big Law vs Jackson Lewis

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:17 am

I am at JL and love it here. This is the third firm I have been at. At my previous firms, it was common to run into partners that were just always so intense. I haven't felt that here. I don't ever have to check my phone on the weekend for work, and everyone I have worked for has just been so nice. This may be office dependent though, but I am in a CA office where L&E is generally more intense. Hours are 1850 making it reasonable to have a life outside of work. You are also working with big name clients and getting a lot of experience. Partnership is also realistically attainable. But sure, you probably would make more at a general service firm, but you probably would give up the work-life balance. For me, working with people who are actually fun to work with makes it hard for me to want to jump to another firm.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”