Reapply to Callback Firm? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Reapply to Callback Firm?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:50 am

OCI strikeout from a T-14 here. Trying not to out myself, but that probably won't work. At the time of OCI, I had a slightly below median GPA. Two callbacks, no offers. Ended up getting a summer gig with an F100 company. I'm expecting an offer from that F100 to be coming soon and I'd be happy to return, but it hasn't come yet, so I'm shopping my resume just in case.

My grades are now a bit above median, and I noticed one of the firms I had a callback with is looking for a first year associate in a group I'm interested in. Wondering what my chances would be there. On the one hand, they liked me enough to give me a second look. On the other hand, didn't like me enough to bring me in, and I don't have firm experience.

I thought about reaching out to one of the people I interviewed with at my callback; we seem to hit it off pretty well. Thoughts?

LBJ's Hair

Silver

Re: Reapply to Callback Firm?

Post by LBJ's Hair » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:05 am

There's no downside to applying, so why wouldn't you?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:26 am

LBJ's Hair wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:05 am
There's no downside to applying, so why wouldn't you?
Already applied, just curious what people think I guess

purplegoldtornado

Bronze

Post by purplegoldtornado » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:29 am

Don't say no for them! Good luck to you! :D

LS989

New

Post by LS989 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:02 pm

This is how I got hired for my job before lawschool. I made it to the final round of interviews, and the firm went with someone else. I noticed the same posting a few months later and basically said "would you guys like to avoid the whole ordeal of interviewing dozens of people again?" (more formally obviously). They decided to hire me after a quick touchback interview.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BrainsyK

Bronze

Post by BrainsyK » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:25 pm

Nothing to say but to wish OP good luck! It's rough out there so it'd be nice to see someone get what they want for a change.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:21 pm

LS989 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:02 pm
This is how I got hired for my job before lawschool. I made it to the final round of interviews, and the firm went with someone else. I noticed the same posting a few months later and basically said "would you guys like to avoid the whole ordeal of interviewing dozens of people again?" (more formally obviously). They decided to hire me after a quick touchback interview.
Based on that, do you think I should reach out to one of the people that interviewed me at the callback? I think we hit it off pretty well and he's in the group that's hiring, although he likely wouldn't remember me.

LS989

New

Post by LS989 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:21 pm
LS989 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:02 pm
Based on that, do you think I should reach out to one of the people that interviewed me at the callback? I think we hit it off pretty well and he's in the group that's hiring, although he likely wouldn't remember me.
My experience was with a paralegal position at a big law firm, so I just reached out to the recruiter who I had interviewed with. I would reach out to whoever you spoke with at greatest length during the process. That is likely the legal recruiter, but it could have been an attorney depending on how things were run. Honestly I'm not sure which would be the best option as a general rule, but you want to make sure that they know who you are and that you were invited for a call back (you could even respond to a callback email from the last time you interviewed).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”