Holland & Hart

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Holland & Hart

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:40 pm

Can anyone share insights into firm culture, summer program, and hiring competitiveness (especially for people who do not attend school in the Mountain West)? Thank you.

Anonymous User

Re: Holland & Hart

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:50 pm

My contact with the firm hasn't been especially extensive, but I believe the firm is well-regarded. I've heard of some interior turmoil, though. I believe they had a dozen or so IP attorneys in their Salt Lake City office jump ship a couple years ago to Dorsey & Whitney, and I think there are some management-level conflicts in other departments as well. As far as culture and work go, I know little, though the one H&H partner that I know is a wonderful man.

For selectivity, I think with Mountain West regional schools they are quite selective; they generally hire out of the top 10% and each individual office only hires a handful of recent grads a year. If you're at a T-14 and have Mountain West connections, I think you would also be competitive.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:56 pm

Does anyone know about Holland & Hart’s real estate group?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:30 pm

Yes, I interviewed with the Real Estate group in SLC. You can only learn so much during the interview process but every attorney I met seemed great. It seems like they are really trying to grow the group judging by the amount of job postings on LinkedIn. I took an offer somewhere else but my experience was positive.

unsightlysalt

New

Post by unsightlysalt » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:08 pm

Interested as well. Do they hire often in their smaller offices (not Denver)?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:58 pm

I attended one of Utah's two law schools and it seems like the SLC office hires 1-2 students per year. They interviewed about 10 students at OCI's and their grades varied from top half to top ten. To confirm the above post about SLC defections, yes they did have some partners leave from the IP and corporate groups but it seems like the office is picking itself back up. They are hiring in real estate and emerging companies.

Another anecdote about the SLC office is that the larger firms in the city (Dorsey, Snell, Ballard, Stoel, and Holland) just raised starting salaries to 135k.

I am the same poster as above about interviewing in the real estate department.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”