Anyone have FTC interview experience?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Anyone have FTC interview experience?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:45 pm

Will folks who have interviewed with the FTC please share their experience? How many rounds? How many interviewers? Questions asked? Timeline? I have an interview next week for a lateral position and am hoping to get some insight. Thanks guys

Anonymous User

Re: Anyone have FTC interview experience?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:32 pm

Yeah I had an (unsuccessful) interview. Multiple panels of interviewers--very thorough in terms of the number of people. Pretty softball questions. Not sure what you want to find out. Good people, good place. Investigation experience would be helpful. Obviously serious (brainy) people too--not a frat or anything.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:10 pm

Are you interviewing with BC or BCP? Even within BC or BCP, it depends on what shop you’re interviewing with. I interviewed with several shops in BC—most were panel interviews, a few were one on one. Be prepared for behavioral questions and be familiar with the cases the shop has litigated. If the shop recommends you for an offer, you’ll have a short interview with the front office, including the Director of BC.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:10 pm
Are you interviewing with BC or BCP? Even within BC or BCP, it depends on what shop you’re interviewing with. I interviewed with several shops in BC—most were panel interviews, a few were one on one. Be prepared for behavioral questions and be familiar with the cases the shop has litigated. If the shop recommends you for an offer, you’ll have a short interview with the front office, including the Director of BC.
Thanks; I ended up interviewing with a panel for BC as well. Strong emphasis on trial and courtroom experience. It was a good experience but I think they may be looking for someone more senior.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:40 am

Was this for the FTC posting from May? I had applied but have not heard since. Not sure what to make of it since the federal government can move slowly and the pandemic may have thrown everything off.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”