H1Bs and Law Firms

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
rando1312

New

H1Bs and Law Firms

Post by rando1312 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:33 pm

Does anyone have the latest information on which firms are willing to sponsor for H1B, or send you to their London office if you don't get the lottery? Also, any news on Wachtell, and how it can be H1B friendly if it's a single-office firm?

Anonymous User

Re: H1Bs and Law Firms

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:39 pm

This year is different even for firms who are generally open to sending them to London offices. You seem to be concerned about W, if it has only one office there is no possibility of them moving you to a London office. However, you could speak to HR and ask them about this specifically. Second, check out Linkedin for international hires working with W and see if anyone moved abroad and came back later. Maybe they worked with a friendly firm in another jurisdiction and returned once they got the visa. But looks unlikely.

Anonymous User

Re: H1Bs and Law Firms

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:09 am

As for W, as far as what I learned from my school's survey for firms, W does not sponsor H1B. But I am happy to learn if they changed their mind.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”