Why do recruiters suck so much?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Why do recruiters suck so much?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 19, 2020 3:17 pm

Anon since I don’t want people to know I’m applying to lateral.

The past few recruiters I’ve worked with have been terrible. They all are very talkative and helpful at first, then they just ghost you. Even the one that placed me at my current firm was like this. She went months without responding.

Why don’t they have the decency to let applicants know that firms have passed on them? I try to keep track of where I’ve applied and interviewed, received offers, received rejections, etc., and this makes it difficult. They can’t possibly THAT busy right now.

Just ranting since I’m bored out of my mind right now.

Anonymous User

Re: Why do recruiters suck so much?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 19, 2020 3:24 pm

I agree with you. I was recently let go from V10 and recruiters have been reaching out. 5 recruiters have ghosted me in the last month. One of them finally confessed that they are just hoarding resumes until they get opportunities. It has gotten to a point where recruiters for engineers are reaching out to me via LinkedIn just to "talk" about legal opportunities that have at top law firms lol. I think they are all bored at home.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 22, 2020 6:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:24 pm
I agree with you. I was recently let go from V10 and recruiters have been reaching out. 5 recruiters have ghosted me in the last month. One of them finally confessed that they are just hoarding resumes until they get opportunities. It has gotten to a point where recruiters for engineers are reaching out to me via LinkedIn just to "talk" about legal opportunities that have at top law firms lol. I think they are all bored at home.
Also had recruiters from another industry reach out to talk about lateraling. Take the calls if you want a good laugh. I had one guy try to pitch me a tech trans spot because of “IP” (I’m an IP litigator). He got mad when I told him that wasn’t going to work.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 22, 2020 6:27 pm

Lmao I know. I’ve been having some preliminary convos with recruiters, some of which have been helpful, most of which have been geared towards the longer-term. One mentions they were reaching out about a position at one of the few firms I would consider leaving my firm for. I happen to have a friend whose parent is a partner at this firm, they check and are like “nope, they are absolutely not hiring right now.” Which makes sense, who is! But I haven’t really interacted with recruiters before and now I very much know to...not.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 22, 2020 7:15 pm

OP here.

I’ve spoken to recruiters, they’ve commented on my resume, and have ghosted me. I get that the market is slow, but how about you at least respond to e-mails.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”