Any CA ADAs willing to share their experiences?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ohsaycanyousee

New

Any CA ADAs willing to share their experiences?

Post by ohsaycanyousee » Thu May 14, 2020 7:12 pm

This is a shot in the dark, especially since a lot of people on here value their anonymity. I'm currently working as a lit associate at a Big Law firm. At some point (ASAP, but alas-- COVID-19 won't make it easy), I'd like to move to a DA's office. I'm trying to gather some information on CA District Attorney offices so I don't go into the process totally blind. Specifically, I'd like to know more about the culture and work experiences at the various offices. If you're willing to share your experiences, please PM me- we can email, private message on here, or even talk over the phone if you're willing. Or, alternatively, if you don't want to have a private convo but willing to share here, please do! Then the whole TLS readership can benefit. Any advice surely would be appreciated!

I'm not sure what I could provide in exchange, but happy to talk about whether I can be helpful to you too!

Anonymous User

Re: Any CA ADAs willing to share their experiences?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 19, 2020 12:16 pm

ohsaycanyousee wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:12 pm
This is a shot in the dark, especially since a lot of people on here value their anonymity. I'm currently working as a lit associate at a Big Law firm. At some point (ASAP, but alas-- COVID-19 won't make it easy), I'd like to move to a DA's office. I'm trying to gather some information on CA District Attorney offices so I don't go into the process totally blind. Specifically, I'd like to know more about the culture and work experiences at the various offices. If you're willing to share your experiences, please PM me- we can email, private message on here, or even talk over the phone if you're willing. Or, alternatively, if you don't want to have a private convo but willing to share here, please do! Then the whole TLS readership can benefit. Any advice surely would be appreciated!

I'm not sure what I could provide in exchange, but happy to talk about whether I can be helpful to you too!
Not the poster above, but would also like to hear thoughts on this. I'm also interested in hearing how CA DA's have been impacted by the COVID outbreak, in terms of workload, office morale, compensation, etc.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”