S/O Finding a job right now

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

S/O Finding a job right now

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:18 pm

I'm currently a law clerk in a state where clerking is essentially the norm to getting an associate position. I'm clerking for the civil division with a judge that does the complex business docket. I've been looking for a job since January, but obviously the current situation is making it very difficult. I am admitted in my state and am in the process of getting admitted in the neighboring state. I have some experience from internships etc. but nothing outstanding.
I would be happy with a job in the AG's office or a small to mid law firm. Not looking for big law. I went to a T-30 and was top 50%. However I did do particularly well (A's and A-'s) in multiple healthcare and employment law classes and I'd be thrilled to work in either of those areas.
I've been mainly targeting those areas but am open to others. However I definitely do not want to do PI or ID.
Any suggestions?
Prior to covid I had been getting interviews etc. But obviously now I'm not and I can't even go on the interviews I did line up. I don't even know how to reach out to people regarding interviews given the current situation. Looking for any and all advice!!!

Return to “Legal Employment”