Latest acceptable time to cancel a callback interview? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Latest acceptable time to cancel a callback interview?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:08 pm

In title

QContinuum

Re: Latest acceptable time to cancel a callback interview?

Post by QContinuum » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:03 pm

If you've already accepted/are sure you will accept another firm's offer, then you can cancel at any time prior to the interview itself (if in town) or prior to flying out (if traveling). Firms value their partners'/associates' time, and each callback sucks up a considerable amount of attorney time - time which could otherwise be profitably billed out.

If you think there's any chance you'd still consider accepting an offer from the firm, then I'd do the callback. You have nothing to lose, really.

Anonymous User

Re: Latest acceptable time to cancel a callback interview?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:23 pm

I cancelled one last year literally on the way to the airport for my CB because I heard from my dream firm and got their offer. Recruiter for CB did not literally care - she was glad I cancelled and didn’t waste their time.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”