Slept with CB associate Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Slept with CB associate

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:52 pm

The title basically says it all. I really love firm X and had a CB today. However, last summer I had a one night stand with one of the associates I interviewed with. I didn’t realize the associate worked at firm X and it was only once. During the interview though, we obviously both recognized each other and they asked me how I have been since then. Will this hurt my chances? Is this something I should disclose to firm X? Any advice would be great, thanks.

s1m4

Bronze

Re: Slept with CB associate

Post by s1m4 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:59 pm

Of course don't disclose it - what would you even disclose? Just stay professional and treat as if you were interviewing with a friend.

Legaleagle21

New

Post by Legaleagle21 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The title basically says it all. I really love firm X and had a CB today. However, last summer I had a one night stand with one of the associates I interviewed with. I didn’t realize the associate worked at firm X and it was only once. During the interview though, we obviously both recognized each other and they asked me how I have been since then. Will this hurt my chances? Is this something I should disclose to firm X? Any advice would be great, thanks.
Depends how well you uh performed in...the interview.
Last edited by QContinuum on Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Outed for anon abuse.

RentAIC

New

Post by RentAIC » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The title basically says it all. I really love firm X and had a CB today. However, last summer I had a one night stand with one of the associates I interviewed with. I didn’t realize the associate worked at firm X and it was only once. During the interview though, we obviously both recognized each other and they asked me how I have been since then. Will this hurt my chances? Is this something I should disclose to firm X? Any advice would be great, thanks.
Depends how well you uh performed in...the interview.
We here at Firm X, Y & Z have a very "hands-on" approach to interviews.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:48 pm

I don't see any need to disclose a prior encounter in your situation.

If you establish a romantic relationship, you MIGHT need to disclose it if you are working on the same projects or if you're in any way responsible for reporting to her for any job duties.

Two attorneys in my office in the same unit were dating and didn't tell anyone. It was a huge blow-up when the office learned that the relationship hadn't been disclosed, and the attorneys were moved to separate locations to avoid the appearance of impropriety.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:51 pm

I had the hots for a non-lawyer assistant during my SA but decided it probably wasn't worth the risk. I don't know if such a scenario would result in a no-offer -- how much of a power dynamic concern exists between a summer or junior and a non-legal assistant? -- but opted not to chance it.

Mdlr4

New

Post by Mdlr4 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:53 pm

Offer depends on whether or not the associate was female or male and the type of alcohol consumed before this encounter. We can’t help you OP until we have more details. Spill them.
Last edited by QContinuum on Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Outed for anon abuse.

s1m4

Bronze

Post by s1m4 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:35 pm

Q: "do you enjoy working closely with other associates to effectively close the deal?"

Response: "uh.. yeah.."

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:41 pm

s1m4 wrote:Of course don't disclose it - what would you even disclose? Just stay professional and treat as if you were interviewing with a friend.
Agree with the above. There's no current relationship to disclose.

Silver

Post by 2013 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:23 pm

No need to disclose. I knew someone who was interviewing at a firm and he had slept with one of the associates he was interviewing with. They didn’t know each other’s names because they had a one night stand. The associate was “closeted,” so I’m assuming that may have played into my friend not getting an offer (my friend is a very flashy gay man).

If your situation is similar to the above, you may have to deal with that person not wanting you potentially working with them and saying you aren’t a good fit.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”