Headhunter questions Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Headhunter questions

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:36 pm

Please don’t quote. I’m a recent grad (less than 2 years) doing patent work at a mid size firm. Mostly prep and pros with a bit of litigation support. The work is alright, I mostly like the people I work with, but I can tell that the long-term work of churning out responses to maybe never see them again isn’t what I want to do. I had a great in house internship in law school and really enjoyed getting to see the business side of IP work. I liked working more directly with the engineers and business people, as well as the big projects with long term business goals that used IP as a vehicle to accomplish those goals.

I get a few inquiries a month from recruiters on LinkedIn. Most of them are for other firm jobs but occasionally I’ll get one for an house opportunity. If I see one of these that interests me, when is too early to tell them I’m interested? I’m not in a hurry to leave, I don’t hate my job, the money is good (but not big law), and I don’t want to be seen as a job-hopper or flight risk. But I also don’t want to miss out on a great long term opportunity should it present itself. Any thoughts?

Anonymous User

Re: Headhunter questions

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:02 pm

Bump

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”