Re: How to get away from a screamer partner Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
NoLongerALurker

Bronze

Re: How to get away from a screamer partner

Post by NoLongerALurker » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Based on that, I would definitely switch groups.

Npret

Gold

Post by Npret » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:15 pm

As I recall you were concerned about being even more limited in exit options if you took work from the other group.

Taking work from the other group makes sense as you may be able to at least finish a year before you quit. If you like the firm and have options that can make that possible, then try to stay longer before you lateral.

I don’t think working for another group for a limited time will erase the benfits from your pre law experience in your current practice area.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:52 pm

Npret wrote:As I recall you were concerned about being even more limited in exit options if you took work from the other group.

Taking work from the other group makes sense as you may be able to at least finish a year before you quit. If you like the firm and have options that can make that possible, then try to stay longer before you lateral.

I don’t think working for another group for a limited time will erase the benfits from your pre law experience in your current practice area.
Thanks. Yes, I was concerned about exit ops because the other group is even more specialized than my current group.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:02 pm

I am sorry you are dealing with it. I work with a screamer who is also a rainmaker and chief of his mini-kingdom and it is an awful experience. Every day I regret coming to my firm. Nothing you can really do if you are locked in. Just write down your long-term goals on a mini-index card and keep it in eye-sight at the office. When he/she calls, take a look at it before answering. And send out apps in the market.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”