Cooley (NY) v. A&O (NY) lateral Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cooley (NY) v. A&O (NY) lateral

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:22 pm

I know that Cooley is probably the better firm overall. It has a great reputation and everything. But I just really liked the people I met at A&O. I think both would be great places to be for a few years before leaving NY.

I’m going to be doing corporate work for the most part. No real preference in the types of deals I’m doing.

I’m currently a junior in a small tertiary market, so don’t really have much experience in “big” deals anyway,

Obviously neither is a great option for NY, but considering where I’m at now, both would be a step up.

Anonymous User

Re: Cooley (NY) v. A&O (NY) lateral

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:25 pm

what makes u think cooley is the better firm overall..? i always thought it was the opposite unless u wanted to do emerging companies work or something.

Anonymous User

Re: Cooley (NY) v. A&O (NY) lateral

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:what makes u think cooley is the better firm overall..? i always thought it was the opposite unless u wanted to do emerging companies work or something.
Well, A&O only has a random US office that isn’t really known for much.

Cooley is a well-regarded firm throughout the US

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”