Should I be worried? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Should I be worried?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:40 am

Hi everyone.

I'd really appreciate any insight/reassurance. I am a current 2L at a school in Texas, and I accepted a job for next summer at a mid-size firm in a nearby city. The interview process was fairly standard - screener during OCI, went to the office for a callback, and was offered the job via phone about a week later. I called back a few days later to formally accept the job. The partner was happy I accepted, and said that everyone really liked meeting me, etc. It was a very positive conversation. During the call, she told me the salary they'd be able to pay me, and we also discussed how long I would work there. This was over a month ago, and I haven't heard anything from them after the phone call. Should I be worried? My CSO said that smaller firms are sometimes more informal than big law firms, so maybe this is fine? I'm just a generally anxious person and am worried that something is missing. My friends also haven't heard from their firms after accepting offers, so this is probably normal. But I'd just appreciate any word from the hive mind.

Thanks!

Gold

Re: Should I be worried?

Post by 84651846190 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:45 am

Totally normal. Relax.

These are busy people. They don't have time to email or call every week, or even every month.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:04 pm

I accepted an offer from a V100 at the end of August and I have not heard a single thing since. I have some other friends who are going to V10 and also haven't heard anything since they accepted (other than one of them who got a water bottle in the mail)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:21 pm

Yep, my "thank you for accepting the offer" letter included "you won't hear from us until the spring. that's normal, don't worry."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”