Working at a law firm, but not as an attorney? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
anonanonny

New

Working at a law firm, but not as an attorney?

Post by anonanonny » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Does anyone have experience landing a job (possibly right after graduation?) with a law firm that does not involve being a practicing attorney? I'm thinking of staff opportunities like HR, marketing, etc. I am really interested in the types of opportunities out there for someone wanting a career at a law firm but not as an attorney. From some of the research I've done, it looks like a lot of these positions do not require a JD but some say they are "preferred."

Any advice on searching for these types of jobs or what these jobs are like would be appreciated!

Anonymous User

Re: Working at a law firm, but not as an attorney?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:43 pm

my office HR has a JD. some recruiters at other professional service firms have JD too.

Anonymous User

Re: Working at a law firm, but not as an attorney?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:28 pm

I had a few of my classmates do this for HR out of law school and they seem to be much happier than those of us practicing law. I think the best way to find them is to find their postings from the company's site itself. Most of the companies that are going to give you an opportunity are going to be pretty big, so I would just look at the websites of the largest companies in the city you are targeting.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”