Clueless Litigation Newbie NY Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Clueless Litigation Newbie NY

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:56 pm

I just started working for a small busy litigation firm doing insurance defense. I feel overwhelmed by all the things I don't know and i was wondering how people figure it out. They have sent me to court a few times and I didn't understand what half of the people were saying - its all abbreviations and terms I am unfamiliar with.... Can anyone recommend a good blog or book or something that helped you when you were starting out? Thank you!!

1styearlateral

Silver

Re: Clueless Litigation Newbie NY

Post by 1styearlateral » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:23 pm

Small firms, especially in NYC, train associates with baptism by fire. I've never come across anything other than to stay focused and learn as much as you can when you go to court/talk to other attorneys in your office. Eventually, you get the hang of it. Unfortunately, everything you need to know isn't taught in law school.

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Re: Clueless Litigation Newbie NY

Post by LionelHutzJD » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:14 pm

PM me

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”