I haven't thought about antitrust in two years and have an interview about it Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

I haven't thought about antitrust in two years and have an interview about it

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:48 pm

How do I crash course in two weeks? need to demonstrate serious interest.

zot1

Gold

Re: I haven't thought about antitrust in two years and have an interview about it

Post by zot1 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:54 pm

Just tell them you need to get to know the person first.

Okay, joke aside, you should google "antitrust outline."

What the f.supp?

Bronze

Re: I haven't thought about antitrust in two years and have an interview about it

Post by What the f.supp? » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:15 pm

Definitely also skim the trade press so you can talk about recent developments if needed (especially if you're going to be working with a particular industry). I don't know whether you're at a firm, but if so, check out Law360's Competition Law column. Read a few big firms' antitrust "year in review" pieces so you can pick up on major themes and trends.

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Post by foregetaboutdre » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:25 pm

What the f.supp? wrote:Definitely also skim the trade press so you can talk about recent developments if needed (especially if you're going to be working with a particular industry). I don't know whether you're at a firm, but if so, check out Law360's Competition Law column. Read a few big firms' antitrust "year in review" pieces so you can pick up on major themes and trends.
Yeah not sure if this is an interview with a big firm, but I'd look into reading their end of the year report (if they post one) and look for anti-trust stuff or I vaguely remember getting an e-mail from bloomberg law during OCI that had a link to some firms' annual reports they give clients.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:28 pm

foregetaboutdre wrote:
What the f.supp? wrote:Definitely also skim the trade press so you can talk about recent developments if needed (especially if you're going to be working with a particular industry). I don't know whether you're at a firm, but if so, check out Law360's Competition Law column. Read a few big firms' antitrust "year in review" pieces so you can pick up on major themes and trends.
Yeah not sure if this is an interview with a big firm, but I'd look into reading their end of the year report (if they post one) and look for anti-trust stuff or I vaguely remember getting an e-mail from bloomberg law during OCI that had a link to some firms' annual reports they give clients.
Its for gov.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:07 am

Actually, the right answer here is threefold:

1. If interviewing with a firm, then read the firm's work highlights.

2. Find the FTC's and DOJ-ATR's annual submitted budget requests to Congress. Those documents outline the agencies' major recent enforcement actions.

3. Find the FTC's and DOJ-ATR's news releases/scholarship pages. When the agencies have a topic they think is interesting or deserving of study, they'll often either (a) host a conference on the topic or (b) publish working papers on the topic. Because ATR (at least lit) is so agency-driven, those sources should give you a quick 35,000-foot view of the field's direction. Without requiring a dive into the ever-lengthening articles in the ATR LJ.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:25 pm

GCR and CompLaw360 are good resources.

What the f.supp?

Bronze

Post by What the f.supp? » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:GCR and CompLaw360 are good resources.
Nice anon use.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”