Thoughts on Armstrong Teasdale? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Thoughts on Armstrong Teasdale?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:19 pm

Got an SA offer there. They have a strong IP practice in St. Louis (which is what I want) but they strongly pushed me to express an interest in commercial litigation as well. Any thoughts on those two practice groups or the firm in general?

Anonymous User

Re: Thoughts on Armstrong Teasdale?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:Got an SA offer there. They have a strong IP practice in St. Louis (which is what I want) but they strongly pushed me to express an interest in commercial litigation as well. Any thoughts on those two practice groups or the firm in general?
When I lived in St. Louis the firm had a reputation for having a very good IP group and for being a very bad place to work. That being said, the only two former AT lawyers I've talked to about it said the bad culture reputation is overblown.

Basically everything I have heard is pretty far removed from the source, so if someone else comes with better info, feel free to disregard.

I don't know much about their lit group. I'm sure it's fine but it's definitely not one of the dominant ones.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:07 pm

I worked there for a summer. The culture is fine: it's nothing to write home about, but it also wasn't unpleasant. People are more interested in getting their work done and going home to their families, so people aren't socializing in the office/going out for drinks a lot because that cuts into their time at home.

Your partnership chances are not much better than (if not the same as) a biglaw firm, but you could definitely do worse than working in IP at AT if you want to stay in STL.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:31 pm

They routinely no offer and the last time I heard they only did half summers.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”