Which firms have the nicest offices? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Which firms have the nicest offices?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:18 pm

LaLiLuLeLo wrote:Heard Milbank LA has a new office and includes a barista. But 1st years gotta share offices. Barista seems sweet tho - better than k-cups.
Did a CB there can confirm, the barista / coffee bar was pretty sweet. Not a fan of all glass offices though.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:57 pm

Does anyone know how Cravath's offices are? I've been right outside the building because there was a Starbucks I used to go to right outside of it.

Also what about WLRK?

And damn... Proskauer's office does look pretty dope! I dream of one day having a cool office like that :)
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:58 pm

Yes but you're overlooking Dallas or Houston. There's no way that can compare to a city like Chicago or NYC, much less bomb ass ocean views in Miami or LA.

Although I'm not gonna believe LA offices look as good as GT until I see some pics.

stoopkid13

Bronze

Post by stoopkid13 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Milbank has already been called out. I thought Willkie had fantastic views, but was pretty underwhelmed with the office/main lobby. Just didn't really feel like biglaw. Didn't love Kasowitz either.
I'd actually take Milbank's views over Willkie's (downtown vs. midtown), but both are impressive. Also GM Building (Weil) over BoA Tower (Akin), but maybe I'm just a sucker for that white marble. Akin has one of the nicest reception lobbies (it was used in the pilot for Jessica Jones for those curious). Weil is also doing renovations, so some floors are much nicer than others.

Joscellin

Gold

Post by Joscellin » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:57 pm

stoopkid13 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Milbank has already been called out. I thought Willkie had fantastic views, but was pretty underwhelmed with the office/main lobby. Just didn't really feel like biglaw. Didn't love Kasowitz either.
I'd actually take Milbank's views over Willkie's (downtown vs. midtown), but both are impressive. Also GM Building (Weil) over BoA Tower (Akin), but maybe I'm just a sucker for that white marble. Akin has one of the nicest reception lobbies (it was used in the pilot for Jessica Jones for those curious). Weil is also doing renovations, so some floors are much nicer than others.
Milbanks views are out of this world, especially from that big conference floor.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:54 am

O'Melveny NY has a cool office except for all the crowding in Times Square.... Loved Hunton & Williams NY office most. Breathtaking view when you walk into the reception area on the 52nd (maybe 51st or 53rd, Idr?) floor of the Metlife building!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:08 am

Also thought SewKis had pretty nice views, not the most elaborate offices but I found associates offices very cheerful.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:06 pm

white & case has a terrible office in a terrible location (right by times square). i know they are moving to the mcgraw hill building next spring, but ive seen the pictures they had around and it didn't seem great at all.
Second this.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:20 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:Does anyone know how Cravath's offices are? I've been right outside the building because there was a Starbucks I used to go to right outside of it.

Also what about WLRK?

And damn... Proskauer's office does look pretty dope! I dream of one day having a cool office like that :)
Cravath is a green marble starship.

Space beehive is also appropriate.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:21 pm

why is no one talking about Chi offices? K&E, Sidley, Jenner, Latham? All pretty beautiful, airy, modern offices with awesome views. Winston is ugly but the views are nice too.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:22 pm

Honestly, the only law firm office I have been in is PW. Which seemed nice, esp wrt art and shit,and the view from the cafe is cool, but I obviously have nothing to compare it to. Would be interested in how it is similar/different to others.

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:27 pm

oblig.lawl.ref wrote:KE SF has amazing views. Let's let them have this.
This. Gibson SF is ok too but the Salesforce tower is going to destroy their views.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:42 pm

Joscellin wrote:
stoopkid13 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Milbanks views are out of this world, especially from that big conference floor.
yeah milbank's current office has insane views. really feels like you're looking at gotham when you're looking up north from the conference floor

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:55 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Yes but you're overlooking Dallas or Houston. There's no way that can compare to a city like Chicago or NYC, much less bomb ass ocean views in Miami or LA.

Although I'm not gonna believe LA offices look as good as GT until I see some pics.
Lots of the newer Boston firm offices have sweet ocean/bay views. I know the new ones in Seaport definitely do and the ones at international place do too, prolly a few others

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:11 pm

Deff agree on WilmerHale NY office. Beautiful views at 7WTC with really modern office space

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:Does anyone know how Cravath's offices are? I've been right outside the building because there was a Starbucks I used to go to right outside of it.

Also what about WLRK?

From the pictures they have on their website, that seems to be an appropriate characterization. I do not dig the green carpeting I saw, but it is certainly nice looking. I prefer the more modern looking offices myself for some reason.

I'm still really curious about what WLRK offices are like. I think I know what building it is in, but I've never been inside.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoBladesNoBows

Silver

Post by NoBladesNoBows » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:04 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Also what about WLRK?

From the pictures they have on their website, that seems to be an appropriate characterization. I do not dig the green carpeting I saw, but it is certainly nice looking. I prefer the more modern looking offices myself for some reason.

I'm still really curious about what WLRK offices are like. I think I know what building it is in, but I've never been inside.
Went there for one of their 1L receptions. Offices were nice, nothing spectacular though. Very gray.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Skool

Silver

Post by Skool » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:08 pm

DPW has great offices. Their internal staircase stood out too.

Wilkie's conference room had breathtaking views of Central Park.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:20 pm

NoBladesNoBows wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Also what about WLRK?

Went there for one of their 1L receptions. Offices were nice, nothing spectacular though. Very gray.
Thank you!

I don't know why I expected some crazy modern looking office. But at least they're nice...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:48 pm

What about SullCrom?

FSK

Platinum

Post by FSK » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:05 am

Everything in NYC is an auto-looser b/c its in NYC.

Skadden DC is in the coolest place (across from whitehouse)
Last edited by FSK on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TFALAWL

Bronze

Post by TFALAWL » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:32 am

I would say:

1. Jones Day, Paris
2. Latham, Paris
3. Jones Day, D.C.
4. Latham, NY
5. Greenberg Gross, LA

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:11 am

"Shabby" is a very charitable description of Cleary's NY office - more like old, outdated and kind of dirty. The cafeteria is particularly offensive. Cleary is still better than Proskauer, though, which feels dark and like a rabbit warren - plus it has an awful location right by Port Authority.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:19 am

Re Sullcrom --

Location is great (on the river, close to trains, away from tourists) and so are conference room views (statue of liberty/Brooklyn bridge/WTC) but office quality depends a bit on whether you're on a remodeled floor or not. The brand new gym is pretty sweet though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:18 pm

No doubt in my mind. Winston Strawn NY.

The inside is like a fucking palace. Tons of marble everywhere.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”