Greenberg Traurig - Las Vegas Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Greenberg Traurig - Las Vegas

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 09, 2016 12:19 pm

Anyone have any info on Greenberg Traurig - Las Vegas? I know GT is known for high billable requirements, often pay below the range of other large nationwide firms, ect.

Anyone have any anecdotal on the firm in general, or specifically the Las Vegas office?

Target billables for an associate?
Salary expectations? Bonus?
Upward mobility towards partners?
Stability of Vegas office?
Ect?

Anything could be helpful.

favabeansoup

Bronze

Re: Greenberg Traurig - Las Vegas

Post by favabeansoup » Mon May 09, 2016 2:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have any info on Greenberg Traurig - Las Vegas? I know GT is known for high billable requirements, often pay below the range of other large nationwide firms, ect.

Anyone have any anecdotal on the firm in general, or specifically the Las Vegas office?

Target billables for an associate?
Salary expectations? Bonus?
Upward mobility towards partners?
Stability of Vegas office?
Ect?

Anything could be helpful.
Absolutely no personal experience but:

https://www.nalpdirectory.com/employer_ ... berg%22%7D answers about half of your questions.

Salary of 117k. Bonus will probably not be that high (i.e. nowhere close to NYC market). Doesn't say minimum billables target but I doubt it would be less than 1800-1900 given size of firm, maybe even higher.

They didn't hire any summer associates for the last two years. It looks like they hired maybe 3-4 entry levels and lateral over last few years. Given that this is a less than 40 person office and they don't seem to hiring all that many people for a few years, I wouldn't exactly call this office "growing".

Getting partner from the Las Vegas office? Probably very unlikely.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 09, 2016 3:05 pm

GT summer here. I've *heard* about the office. they're known for gaming M&A, gaming regulatory work, and doing the gaming regulatory work for gaming M&A deals. and some real estate too. pretty small, low-leveraged office. if you have an interview there good luck; if you don't than i wouldn't expect any lateral opportunities to come up for a long while

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 09, 2016 3:09 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon May 09, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 09, 2016 3:40 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 10, 2016 9:34 pm

GT associate here (not Las Vegas). The billable requirement is 1800, but the unwritten billable requirement is 2000. I second everything the GT summer said regarding the reputation of the Las Vegas office.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 11, 2016 11:16 am

I worked with someone who used to work in the GT Vegas office in corporate. He said generally positive things about GF. Most of the deal work is middle market and he got to work on a couple of "interesting" non-m-a transactions involving some of the clubs and entertainment spots around Vegas.

The only negative I heard was that the hours were pretty bad (for a secondary city), only slightly less than Dallas, Chicago and Houston. However, the pay is a decent amount lower than Dallas, Houston and Chicago.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”