C&F Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

C&F

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:34 pm

So here's my situation: I was academically dismissed from law school but took time off and am reapplying again. I thought I shouldn't leave my resume blank so I interviewed with a law firm for a receptionist position. They asked about me having attended law school, and I told them that I was taking a hiatus with no set date to go back. They think I withdrew, when in fact I was dismissed. I feel like I would never get hired by anyone if I come out with the dismissal. Would this cause major c&f issues? Would the c&f committee call and ask if they knew and why the firm hired me despite being dismissed? I'm thinking I shouldn't risk it but if anyone sees another way, please impart your wisdom.

Return to “Legal Employment”