Thoughts on Axinn Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Thoughts on Axinn

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:36 pm

Could anyone provide me with anecdotes/thoughts/horror stories about Axinn? NYC in particular. Would be doing antitrust; am comparing it to DC firms.

Anonymous User

Re: Thoughts on Axinn

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:55 am

I did a cb there a few years back. interviewer answered the phone when their spouse/SO called and got into a fight with them while i sat there. was awkward.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:29 pm

Did a screener with them and was told in the screener that I would be expected to not really have a personal life and that the nature of their work meant that your work became your life. On the other hand, the work that they did seemed absolutely fascinating and they seem to be doing a lot of cutting-edge stuff in both antitrust and IP. I declined the callback so can't offer much more detail but overall I got the impression that if you were okay with spending all of your time working, you'd learn a lot and be able to do a lot of really cool shit.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:43 pm

Did a CB there a few weeks ago. My impression was that the antitrust group is in pretty high demand and gets to work on a lot of contentious litigation issues. If you want to do garden-variety M&A/HSR stuff, it's probably not the place for you. Associates seemed pretty happy.

Vs other DC firms: I also did a CB at Freshfields, which was kind of the opposite - the norm is agency-facing merger review, and litigation is a small component of their practice. Depending on what you want your practice to look like, you could reasonably pick either.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”