Sheppard Mullin Del Mar Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Sheppard Mullin Del Mar

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:01 pm

Anyone know anything about this firm, or the Del Mar office specifically? Typical hours/lifestyle/culture, etc. really any information would be appreciated about the firm and the office.

zot1

Gold

Re: Sheppard Mullin Del Mar

Post by zot1 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:10 pm

The recruiter is super nice and friendly. Per her word, the firm is mostly IP oriented (that specific branch). Because of the location being small, she said that it's a very collegial environment.

This is all info from a non-attorney, but you said anything would help.

To be honest, given the location and what I heard from that branch, not a bad place to be at. I also overall like SM, so I'm a little biased.

Good luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:56 pm

What about the quality of exit options...due to being in a smaller office, and what seems to be a more regional firm within CA? Or is that not an accurate description?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:14 am

Bump. Also, anyone know if they're amenable to splitting time with other offices? Specifically Century City to be able to see some media/entertainment work.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Has the highest rating in San Diego according to ALM in terms of midlevel satisfaction. They have a ton of laterals, so that might very well be true.

Their Labor and Employment practice is probably one of the best in San Diego. Their corporate side is known for diversifying pretty heavily so as to survive in the region where the legal market can be pretty cyclical and has seen firms like Baker and Gibson Dunn close up shop due to expecting they'd be able to survive on niche. SM does work for a good amount of smaller companies as well as bigger companies, and I got the feeling there is the opportunity early to be almost completely handling those small client's needs.

That's all I got - I did a callback there and also met the hiring partner on a separate occasion. Seems like a pretty good place to go for quality of life. That said, they do work just as hard as other biglaw firms.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has the highest rating in San Diego according to ALM in terms of midlevel satisfaction. They have a ton of laterals, so that might very well be true.

Their Labor and Employment practice is probably one of the best in San Diego. Their corporate side is known for diversifying pretty heavily so as to survive in the region where the legal market can be pretty cyclical and has seen firms like Baker and Gibson Dunn close up shop due to expecting they'd be able to survive on niche. SM does work for a good amount of smaller companies as well as bigger companies, and I got the feeling there is the opportunity early to be almost completely handling those small client's needs.

That's all I got - I did a callback there and also met the hiring partner on a separate occasion. Seems like a pretty good place to go for quality of life. That said, they do work just as hard as other biglaw firms.
This year? Have you heard back from them?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has the highest rating in San Diego according to ALM in terms of midlevel satisfaction. They have a ton of laterals, so that might very well be true.

This year? Have you heard back from them?
Yes, I did a callback over the summer (mid July) and then had radio silence for about 3 weeks before being asked back to talk to the hiring partner. They extended an offer the day after speaking with the hiring partner (who was a very laid back and cool guy) a month after the initial callback.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”