Davis Polk CB--> offer Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Davis Polk CB--> offer

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:11 am

Any ideas on general timeline here? I know it's early in the season--has lit CB Tuesday, haven't heard yet. Does anyone know when the recruiting committee generally meets? Any other info on how long it normally takes at this point?

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Davis Polk CB--> offer

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:18 am

when i was a 2L they got back to me the next day. As a 3L they took a week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:48 pm

I'm in the same boat. CB on Wednesday and nothing yet, which hopefully means they just haven't met yet (or are meeting right now :shock: )

Can anyone from this cycle speak to length between CB and offer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Had a callback last Thursday, still waiting.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:09 pm

Someone from my school's thread posted that they had their CB on Wednesday and had an offer on Thursday, so the committee definitely met on Wednesday night.

I had mine yesterday and I haven't heard anything yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NDOMUKONGGGG

New

Post by NDOMUKONGGGG » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Someone from my school's thread posted that they had their CB on Wednesday and had an offer on Thursday, so the committee definitely met on Wednesday night.

I had mine yesterday and I haven't heard anything yet.
What school?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:31 pm

^Cornell

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:56 am

On the flip side, what's the timeframe for hearing dings after a CB?

If the committee already met and decided to ding, wouldn't you just get an email about it? I mean, why would they wait?

I guess I'm just trying to stay positive...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:26 am

same day offers for me and my friend. 8/7

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:same day offers for me and my friend. 8/7

Banshee

Bronze

Post by Banshee » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:52 am

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:12 pm

DPW requires everyone who meets with you to give a "yes" vote before they can give an offer. I'm not positive if after those votes are received if the hiring committee then gets a veto too. Point being, if there is someone procrastinating filling out the review it can take longer while somelne who interviewed the sane day could hear immediately if their interviewers are more timely.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:DPW requires everyone who meets with you to give a "yes" vote before they can give an offer. I'm not positive if after those votes are received if the hiring committee then gets a veto too. Point being, if there is someone procrastinating filling out the review it can take longer while somelne who interviewed the sane day could hear immediately if their interviewers are more timely.
This is good to know.

Out of curiosity, what's the protocol if everyone votes yes but one person....is it a ding or do they keep discussing?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:DPW requires everyone who meets with you to give a "yes" vote before they can give an offer. I'm not positive if after those votes are received if the hiring committee then gets a veto too. Point being, if there is someone procrastinating filling out the review it can take longer while somelne who interviewed the sane day could hear immediately if their interviewers are more timely.
This is good to know.

Out of curiosity, what's the protocol if everyone votes yes but one person....is it a ding or do they keep discussing?
Same anon as before

Almost certain it's a ding

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Never heard of the all yes thing. Im a former DPW associate and have voted no for certain people who still got offers. Or maybe no one cared about my opinion :oops:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
This is good to know.

Same anon as before

Almost certain it's a ding
Anonymous User wrote:Never heard of the all yes thing. Im a former DPW associate and have voted no for certain people who still got offers. Or maybe no one cared about my opinion :oops:
I have no actual knowledge and this is just hopeful conjecture since I'm currently waiting for an offer, but I agree that the "all yes" thing seems somewhat unfortunate. While I'm sure there are instances where a 3-1 vote could result in a ding because something actually does go wrong in 1 of the interviews, I'd like to think that if 3 or more people that you met with think you are a good fit and only 1 disagrees then that would at least warrant some discussion.

Here's my theory: We know DPW is erratic in their decisions. So maybe people who get quick offers (within a day) got all yes responses so no discussion was needed, but people who get offers after several days/a week had someone who didn't give an automatic yes and so the committee needs to discuss

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:15 pm

Previous anon poster...

CB last Wednesday, no offer today via email. Actually LOL'd at "due to the large number of applicants we receive for relatively few openings in our summer program..." Isn't their program like 130 people? Come on DPW, use some of those smart people working for you to come up with a more believable ding letter.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:Never heard of the all yes thing. Im a former DPW associate and have voted no for certain people who still got offers. Or maybe no one cared about my opinion :oops:
Oh good to know I'll certainly defer to you then. I'm a junior who has yet to cast a vote but talked to Erica about the process at some point.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:31 pm

Interesting (and agonizing) stuff. Interviewed at the same time as a guy from my school yesterday; have a higher GPA than him (and above DPW's 75th % GPA at my school) + got responses to my thank you notes from both partners who I met with. He got an offer this morning; I haven't heard anything. Sadness.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:04 pm

Cb last thurs 8/6 and nothing yet

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:52 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:32 pm

They don't send you interviewer names in advance.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:34 pm

What have been people's timelines from CB to offer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:25 pm

Also would like to know timelines

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:53 pm

Offer two days after CB. NY office. Only get interviewers names when you get there.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”