Mass Mailing questions thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mass Mailing questions thread

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:28 am

1. If you have shitty grades at a T-10, is it a good idea to leave out your transcript in the initial mails?

2. Can I mail firms who are coming to my OCI? We have like 200+ firms coming and only 60 bids, and maybe 20 resultant interviews. There are a lot of firms I'm interested in and I plan on going to see the recruiters of any firms I miss in the lottery. Would it be a bad idea to mass mail these firms beforehand? How about after OCI, if I'm not able to interview with them. Something like " I visited at OCI but you couldn't squeeze me in, I'm still really interested in your firm."

3. How do I deal with mailing the same firms in different markets? I have a "dream" market and NYC and many firms overlap between the two. If asked, is it suicide to be like "Yeah I applied to your office in NY because I'm trying to cover my bases" or "Yes I would prefer market X but NYC is okay too" ?

4. If I mail offices that do not have SA programs, are they gonna just ignore it or are they going to tell their other offices that I'm a moron who doesn't do my research

5. Certain firms do not list office hiring contacts but rather the managing partners. How can I find the appropriate address in these scenarios?

6. Nalp has a few offices that have hiring contacts in other offices/states. Should I roll with this? Or is it better to mail someone at the office I'm applying to, even if they aren't a hiring contact.

Anonymous User

Re: Mass Mailing questions thread

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:10 am

Related questions, what should I put in the subject of the email?

Also, if I'm emailing an alum directly, what is a good way to phrase the whole "I want a informational interview but actually I want a real interview" situation? Should I send a resume with my initial email or is that too presumptuous? I'd rather skip the informational interview and go straight to the "putting in a good word for a screener" part of the process, if that's possible.

How about something like "Dear Johnny, I recently submitted my application materials to your recruiting department. If you have the time I would love to talk to you a little about your firm."?

How would this change if the alum is a partner? On that note, is it better to mail a partner or an associate if you have the choice? Partners are more powerful but associates are more likely to care right?

Kratos

Platinum

Re: Mass Mailing questions thread

Post by Kratos » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:31 pm

there's a mass mailing thread stickied, i'd bet a lot of your questions have been answered there

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”