2016 Quinn Emanuel SA Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2016 Quinn Emanuel SA

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:52 am

Hey guys,

Just thinking that we could probably start a thread to share information about applying for 2016 QE SA?

swampman

Bronze

Re: 2016 Quinn Emanuel SA

Post by swampman » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:41 pm

Like what? Send them your resume and transcript, get a "callback" (or not), get an offer (or not).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:00 pm

Was told to resubmit in August, when QE will begin reviewing candidates. Has anyone else gotten the same response from the NY office?

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:54 pm

Maybe things have changed but if it's anything like previous years you should apply asap

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:24 pm

My grades are about as high as anyone at a lower t14 and I was also told to reapply in August. Buddy in a similar position at another school was told the same thing so I think it's across the board (maybe HYS kids are getting CBs right now though)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:28 pm

Given that they only did receptions for HYS this year, they might be tightening up standards/trying hard to get more HYS students.

Or, if they did receptions at other schools, that would be interesting information to hear.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:18 pm

I'm at HYS. They didn't host a reception at my school this year. Sent in my materials and was told to reapply in August.

So no one's missing out on anything just yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:57 am

Y
Straight H
Told to reapply in August.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Given that they only did receptions for HYS this year, they might be tightening up standards/trying hard to get more HYS students.

Or, if they did receptions at other schools, that would be interesting information to hear.
UVA had a reception, QE's just out the OCI game entirely. First year doing things this way, hard to say how it'll shake out. But it looks clear that credentials alone are not getting people callbacks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

swampman

Bronze

Post by swampman » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:But it looks clear that credentials alone are not getting people callbacks.
Why do you say that?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:48 pm

swampman wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:But it looks clear that credentials alone are not getting people callbacks.
Why do you say that?
Because there are people in this thread from good schools with good grades (e.g. the anon with straight Hs at Y, anon with grades "about as high as anyone at a lower t14" and his friend, other dude from HYS) who all got told to reapply in August. I'm around top 1% at MVPB and got the same spiel so there's another data point. Probably some kid somewhere whose uncle is a partner has a CB scheduled but the rest of us should probably just be easy for the moment.

bruinfan10

Silver

Post by bruinfan10 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Y
Straight H
Told to reapply in August.
i call BS. no one at yale with straight H's would be applying to work at quinn. :lol:

mylifeis24

Bronze

Post by mylifeis24 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
swampman wrote:
Why do you say that?
Because there are people in this thread from good schools with good grades (e.g. the anon with straight Hs at Y, anon with grades "about as high as anyone at a lower t14" and his friend, other dude from HYS) who all got told to reapply in August. I'm around top 1% at MVPB and got the same spiel so there's another data point. Probably some kid somewhere whose uncle is a partner has a CB scheduled but the rest of us should probably just be easy for the moment.
Slow down there. They said to reapply in August when they will begin reviewing candidates- they said that to everyone from the low T14 to the Y with all Hs. They have given zero indication about their callback criteria. They're simply telling everyone that they're not reviewing applications at the moment, but will later.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:15 pm

mylifeis24 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
swampman wrote:
Why do you say that?
Slow down there. They said to reapply in August when they will begin reviewing candidates- they said that to everyone from the low T14 to the Y with all Hs. They have given zero indication about their callback criteria. They're simply telling everyone that they're not reviewing applications at the moment, but will later.
Yeah I don't think we disagree about anything, hence my "the rest of us should probably just be easy" comment. We should re-apply in August like they are telling us to. Because they are no longer doing OCI, the receptions they put on at some schools were said (by them) to function as the equivalent of a screener, but because they didn't put on receptions at all schools they are presumably interested in (e.g., HYS), it was more about marketing than recruiting and the process will probably be application->callback, not application->screener->callback.

edit: nvm I think you might have interpreted "be easy" to mean "easily get callbacks", when I used it to mean "chill out, relax", my bad for the misunderstanding

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”