Bankruptcy Exit Options Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
J90

Bronze

Bankruptcy Exit Options

Post by J90 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:48 am

Where do people leaving bankruptcy groups head on to, on the legal side? Beyond the business side?

I'd be curious about this for both debtor's-side and creditor-focused practices, but mostly debtor. Thanks.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Bankruptcy Exit Options

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:53 am

Bankruptcy &, as another example, worker's compensation practices are quite narrow in scope so I doubt that there is a common exit path other than a move to a general business/corporate practice.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:01 am

summering with KE/Weil bk group, also interested in this. Also want to know--in addition to the substance of exit options--whether they're geographically limited given that most cases are filed in NY/DE

ETA: I'm not tied down to the bk group yet, exploring corporate within the firm as well, so hoping to know enough to choose at the end of the summer
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:06 am

I know bankruptcy practice here in MN is basically a revolving door between the firms and USBank/Wells Fargo. Lots of people go in-house I guess.

I think more sophisticated restructuring practices (debtor or creditor) can lead to some opportunities in consulting/PE work as well

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”