Covington DC Bonuses Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Covington DC Bonuses

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:59 pm

Does anyone know whether Covington's DC office matched the Davis Polk bonus scale? ATL seems to have been the best aggregator for this sort of info and, as far as I cant tell, they only have info as to Covington's NY office (http://abovethelaw.com/2014/12/associat ... avis-polk/).

Anonymous User

Re: Covington DC Bonuses

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:34 am

Figure 150+ views merits a bump. Anyone?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:Figure 150+ views merits a bump. Anyone?
A bird told me the answer is no.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:14 am

Cov DC associate here. As of yesterday, I hadn't received my bonus info. The amounts are individualized.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:Cov DC associate here. As of yesterday, I hadn't received my bonus info. The amounts are individualized.
Recently departed former C&B DC associate here. Bonuses in DC are always paid at the very end of March. Amounts are individualized, but the bonus memo tells you the median, mean, and maximum amounts for each class year. While I was there typically the top bonus for each class beat the NY "market" (but there's no telling how many -- or few -- people get that top amount).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:13 pm

Recently departed former C&B DC associate here. Bonuses in DC are always paid at the very end of March. Amounts are individualized, but the bonus memo tells you the median, mean, and maximum amounts for each class year. While I was there typically the top bonus for each class beat the NY "market" (but there's no telling how many -- or few -- people get that top amount).
Thanks for this helpful info. I didn't realize they pay out at the end of March. Good to know.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks for this helpful info. I didn't realize they pay out at the end of March. Good to know.
Also note that newbies don't get a bonus -- if you started after August 1, that is.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:22 pm

Also note that newbies don't get a bonus -- if you started after August 1, that is.
Really? No pro-rated bonus? cold.

Wonder if that applies to judicial clerks as well - I am assuming it does.

Desert Fox

Diamond

DF Thread

Post by Desert Fox » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:46 pm

DF Thread

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”