What to do? 3L no job Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

What to do? 3L no job

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:45 pm

I go to lower T14 and I have great grades (top 5%). I summered at a large DA's office last year. I hate law school. I'm really good at it, but I hate is so, so, so, so much. I hate law students, I hate the classes. I hate everything about it.

That being said, things I realized this year: I hate writing. I hate it. The idea of doing legal writing for 40+ hours a week makes me want to suicide. Not even kidding.

So, where I'm at is this: I would do prosecution, in part because prosecution involves little to no writing (writing one paragraph complaints is fine - I'm talking about 40+ page legal briefs). I'm okay speaking to groups of people (it's not my favorite, but I'm okay at it). Job security matters a LOT to me, and I don't care if I am not making bank as long as I'm able to pay my bills. I will graduate with around ~75k in debt.

I have hated law school so much that I haven't applied for ANY jobs except for the place I worked at this summer. I'm a 3L. What the fuck do I do from here? I 75% want to say fuck it and just go back to the industry I was in before law school (they have a ton of JD preferred jobs and I would make ~75-80k per year and could live anywhere in the USA).

I seriously thought I'd love law school before this, but honestly, the only reason I'm staying is because I think I'll disappoint my family if I drop out.

Just looking for thoughts here.

JuTMSY4

Bronze

Re: What to do? 3L no job

Post by JuTMSY4 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote: I 75% want to say fuck it and just go back to the industry I was in before law school (they have a ton of JD preferred jobs and I would make ~75-80k per year and could live anywhere in the USA).
that was easy.

staysha

New

Post by staysha » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:27 pm

JuTMSY4 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: I 75% want to say fuck it and just go back to the industry I was in before law school (they have a ton of JD preferred jobs and I would make ~75-80k per year and could live anywhere in the USA).
that was easy.
+1. Do that for sure.

AReasonableMan

Gold

Post by AReasonableMan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:33 pm

You did really well. Why didn't you do OCI, and go for something other than litigation?

WheatThins

Bronze

Post by WheatThins » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:01 pm

This thread is probably going to out you, not it seems like you care about that very much.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:32 pm

AReasonableMan wrote:You did really well. Why didn't you do OCI, and go for something other than litigation?
Honestly, I didn't do OCI because I didn't think I'd get anything and I just didn't want to deal with it. I'm dealing with some depression here if the OP doesn't make that obvious.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”