Real Estate Group Q Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Real Estate Group Q

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:32 pm

I know there's a real estate finance thread also going on, but I didn't want to hijack.

I have an upcoming interview for the real estate group of a large firm. My current firm does some real estate lit, which is why I think I got the interview. I don't have any experience with the transactional side of real estate. Any practicing RE attorneys out there that can speak a bit about the work they do? Likes/dislikes?

Anonymous User

Re: Real Estate Group Q

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:28 pm

Screener or CB? Mind giving a Vault range?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Screener or CB? Mind giving a Vault range?
V50 firm. There wasn't a screener, just an invite for an interview at the office.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:43 pm

Purchase and sale of property - both raw land and improved, which for a jr. associate means survey and title diligence and drafting basic closing docs. Depending on whether or nor the land is improved adds various twists to the deal. If there is financing involved, then dealing with those docs (loan agreement, mortgage/deed of trust, other security docs).

Leasing office, retail and industrial space, generally on the landlord side.

Clients can range from developers, REITS to big banks.

Im at a biglaw firm and will prob make a move in the next two years. The work is OK but I just don't think biglaw/firm life is for me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”