Callback expense reimbursement issue Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback expense reimbursement issue

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Spent several days in city X doing several callbacks. Ate most meals at my hotel and charged it to my room. I check out, hotel says no incidental charges. I fill out my reimbursement form for that trip, no issues.

Then I get my next credit card statement in, the hotel charged me for all of my meals instead of billing them to the room. It's a good chunk of change. I call to see what happened. Evidently, they charged the meals as incidental expenses, which sent them to my card instead of the firm account. I had no luck getting them to fix it. The reservation was set up that way, they said. I've never stayed at a hotel that didn't bill meals directly to the corporate account.

Is there any good way to go about getting this fixed without contacting the host firm? I didn't accept their offer, so that would be a really awkward conversation. It's been a month, and I just now found out. I really don't want to eat the cost.

Actus Reus

Bronze

Re: Callback expense reimbursement issue

Post by Actus Reus » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Spent several days in city X doing several callbacks. Ate most meals at my hotel and charged it to my room. I check out, hotel says no incidental charges. I fill out my reimbursement form for that trip, no issues.

Then I get my next credit card statement in, the hotel charged me for all of my meals instead of billing them to the room. It's a good chunk of change. I call to see what happened. Evidently, they charged the meals as incidental expenses, which sent them to my card instead of the firm account. I had no luck getting them to fix it. The reservation was set up that way, they said. I've never stayed at a hotel that didn't bill meals directly to the corporate account.

Is there any good way to go about getting this fixed without contacting the host firm? I didn't accept their offer, so that would be a really awkward conversation. It's been a month, and I just now found out. I really don't want to eat the cost.
This sounds fairly entitled. Nearly every time I stayed a hotel paid for by my firm it was assumed that incidentals were routed through my card which they asked for on check-in.

Send the bill to the firm and fill out the appropriate form.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:02 pm

Actus Reus wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Spent several days in city X doing several callbacks. Ate most meals at my hotel and charged it to my room. I check out, hotel says no incidental charges. I fill out my reimbursement form for that trip, no issues.

This sounds fairly entitled. Nearly every time I stayed a hotel paid for by my firm it was assumed that incidentals were routed through my card which they asked for on check-in.

After I've already sent a reimbursement form a month ago?

Actus Reus

Bronze

Post by Actus Reus » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Actus Reus wrote:

After I've already sent a reimbursement form a month ago?
Yeah, I think it's still fair game. You could send a message explaining. The worst thing is they say no or never respond.

oblig.lawl.ref

Bronze

Post by oblig.lawl.ref » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:41 pm

Yeah dude/tte, no firm ever paid incidentals like meals. They don't do that most of the time in my experience. You have to submit the NALP expense forms to recoup any expense related to meals. It took me like 6 weeks to get the expense check from one callback.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”