Venable Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Venable

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:03 pm

Have an offer from Venable and really liked the firm. I also noticed that they made offers to 100% of summers this past year. Any other input on the firm?

Anonymous User

Re: Venable

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:04 pm

My mentor is an associate in the ip lit group. She loves it

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:22 pm

My best friend just finished his summer there. They're really conservative growth-wise, don't over-leverage, and seem very chill/laid-back for biglaw standards. Definitely not the most WHY-PHY firm in the world if that's what you're looking for.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:26 pm

Definitely looking for a firm that will offer a good shot for a post-LS offer, but feel and lifestyle is very important to me. I'm someone that likes to work hard, but chill out after 9 pm each night (barring some exceptions). I'm really leaning towards Venable and am debating cancelling my other callbacks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:47 pm

Did they tell you they don't pay for dinner or give you a car home if you work late? I was told that during my CB. Maybe it doesn't matter to ou but its good to know because I think you still work plenty of hours at this firm.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”