3L OCI Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 3L OCI

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:08 am

Can anyone comment on how amenable Texas (Dallas or Houston) firms are to recruiting 3Ls? I'm summering at the DC office of a V20, but for personal reasons I would like to be in one of those two cities. I'm at a 100% offer firm, so barring any major faux pas, I should be fine on that front. I'm just worried because most TX firms don't seem to offer all of their SAs anyway, so it doesn't seem likely they would need to recruit 3Ls. Also, I'm really only interested in lit. FML?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:Summering at a great firm that I love. The office that I'm in is in the region where I initially wanted to end up post-grad, but now my husband is moving for his job to another city, where my firm also has an office. Hoping that I can transfer a potential offer (provided that all goes well this summer), but otherwise, I will certainly be jumping on the 3L OCI train.
Ah..similar boat here. Summering at firm's HQ in Chicago...will be asking to transfer the offer to the NY office but also planning on jumping on 3L recruiting train depending on which practice area I prefer at the end of the summer

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:27 pm

Hoping on the have an sa but need to move train. Im following my wifes full ride to med school.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:37 pm

For the TLS-ers that are on the "moving offices" train, I'm going to make an appointment to talk to career services about this. Would be more than happy to impart any knowledge after I have the appointment,

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For the TLS-ers that are on the "moving offices" train, I'm going to make an appointment to talk to career services about this. Would be more than happy to impart any knowledge after I have the appointment,
Yess please. My career office was not very helpful. But then again they've had a history about giving not-so-great advice

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:42 pm

Can anyone comment on how amenable Texas (Dallas or Houston) firms are to recruiting 3Ls? I'm summering at the DC office of a V20, but for personal reasons I would like to be in one of those two cities. I'm at a 100% offer firm, so barring any major faux pas, I should be fine on that front. I'm just worried because most TX firms don't seem to offer all of their SAs anyway, so it doesn't seem likely they would need to recruit 3Ls. Also, I'm really only interested in lit. FML?
Same here except corp not lit. Worried they don't recruit at all (or very minimal).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”