Internship ABROAD? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Internship ABROAD?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Anyone have any experience with interning abroad? Particularly the Middle East? Please share your experiences. Thanks!

Royalduck

New

Re: Internship ABROAD?

Post by Royalduck » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:53 pm

I haven't done a whole internship there but I traveled to Palestine this semester for my school's legal clinic and worked with several organizations there. Check out PSJD, they just posted a bunch through PalestineWorks for organizations in Tel Aviv, Ramallah, Jerusalem, Bethlehem. I felt mainly safe and these were cool cities; I'm going to apply to go back this summer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:27 am

I have a friend who regrets going abroad her 1L year. She said that when she later did OCI, employers thought she wasn't committed to staying in America. But I don't know if that was because she had a lot of other abroad experience, or if there was some other issue. So I would just be prepared in case employers raise that... I wouldn't necessarily change your plans.

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:44 am

I never really understood the idea of going abroad in law school. Seems like something you should get out of your system in undergrad. Law school is for finding a job. In a U.S. Jurisdiction.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:35 pm

I went abroad for an entire year, including an internship. I think the benefits depend on what you want to do, and where. I would not say that it is for everybody or all career paths/goals, but for some I think it can be a positive. However, I will say that I am in a 4-year program, so I essentially had an extra summer to burn.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”