blanked Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

blanked

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:19 am

blanked
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Anonymous User

Re: NY Curtis Mallet

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:36 am

I really like this firm because 1) one of their formers partners is awesome, 2) tons of international work, 3) good bankruptcy work... yet they have totally ignored all of my attempts to get hired by them... :lol:

Anonymous User

Re: NY Curtis Mallet

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:19 am

Did you get an offer or callback with them? I did a callback and got an offer. They were too small for me, but they're going to be hard to turn down because they were all so nice. Their corporate attorneys are all generalists, which could be a good or bad thing. Their office is not as fancy as some others, but their window views were better than a lot! I know two Harvard people went there last year (take that as a positive or negative). They seem growing and known for international work, despite being so small. Also, I got the feeling that they didn't work quite as many hours as some, but maybe that's because everyone just seemed so relaxed and cool. I think they're mostly not ranked because they're so small...but they are on AmLaw200 if I'm correct. Also, one of the interviewers called it a small-big law firm, and one called it a mid-sized firm.

Another thing to consider is that their bankruptcy does only conflict work (so...they are not ever the primary firm on bankruptcy deals). And the "second firm on the project" seems to be an area that they play a lot in general. Also, despite being international, it doesn't seem there are opportunities to travel -- most of their int'l offices are local lawyers.

One negative: I received a sleek flashy pamphlet on their summer program...with at least two typos on it. I'm a grammar freak, and I thought it was shockingly unprofessional. I'm not sure what that says about them as a firm. I think it's forgivable, though, if you like the work, the office, the people, etc. They are small, so maybe they just need a new person in recruiting who will double-check their work. (Note: they were actual typos, not misspellings., i.e., letters out of order, legal spelled "legl", etc.).

Let us know what you decide.

Anonymous User

Re: NY Curtis Mallet v. Pillsbury

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did you get an offer or callback with them? I did a callback and got an offer. They were too small for me, but they're going to be hard to turn down because they were all so nice. Their corporate attorneys are all generalists, which could be a good or bad thing. Their office is not as fancy as some others, but their window views were better than a lot! I know two Harvard people went there last year (take that as a positive or negative). They seem growing and known for international work, despite being so small. Also, I got the feeling that they didn't work quite as many hours as some, but maybe that's because everyone just seemed so relaxed and cool. I think they're mostly not ranked because they're so small...but they are on AmLaw200 if I'm correct. Also, one of the interviewers called it a small-big law firm, and one called it a mid-sized firm.

Another thing to consider is that their bankruptcy does only conflict work (so...they are not ever the primary firm on bankruptcy deals). And the "second firm on the project" seems to be an area that they play a lot in general. Also, despite being international, it doesn't seem there are opportunities to travel -- most of their int'l offices are local lawyers.

One negative: I received a sleek flashy pamphlet on their summer program...with at least two typos on it. I'm a grammar freak, and I thought it was shockingly unprofessional. I'm not sure what that says about them as a firm. I think it's forgivable, though, if you like the work, the office, the people, etc. They are small, so maybe they just need a new person in recruiting who will double-check their work. (Note: they were actual typos, not misspellings., i.e., letters out of order, legal spelled "legl", etc.).

Let us know what you decide.

I have an offer with them and Pillsbury. I am interested in corporate finance/banking or restructuring. My priorities are as follows:
1. Stability. I want a job for about 5 years post grad.
2. Flextime. I don't mind working 12+ hours a day, that was the usual at my last job. However, my SO does shift work, and I would like the ability to sometimes work 10-10 when she is on night shift and 4am-4pm if she is on the day shift. Or work from home.
3. A friendly firm that expects me to be a sociable bro, but isn't clingy. I got my own drinking buddies.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:15 pm

Bump

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DJ5

New

Post by DJ5 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:50 pm

Given your desired practice area Pillsbury is probably a better fit.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:33 pm

FYI heard that somebody got no-offered this past summer at Pillsbury NY

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:FYI heard that somebody got no-offered this past summer at Pillsbury NY

Any idea if it was work product or fit?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:15 pm

My understanding was that they overhired and told the summers that there might not be enough spots for all of them at the beginning of the program. Not sure though - you should see if you can track down an actual Pillsbury summer and get the story.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”