should I eliminate DC regardless of GPA median??? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
swtlilsoni

Bronze

should I eliminate DC regardless of GPA median???

Post by swtlilsoni » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:34 pm

Everyone says to up your chances, bid NY rather than DC since DC is more competitive. But what if the GPA statistics show that for a particular firm, the median GPA for DC is actually lower than or equal to the NY one. Should I still bid DC or is that irrelevant?

gtz

New

Re: should I eliminate DC regardless of GPA median???

Post by gtz » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:19 pm

Your at gulc right? (I think I remeber your name from another thread) Look at the comparable class sizes and if DC is comparable then I think it's the same likelihood. Gtown is weird as dc is the home market so it may just be that a firm really likes gulc kids aka has a couple big Gtown partners and so the dc office isn't any harder. Also it is much cheaper for a dc firm to give a callback then a NYC firm to give one to a gulc student just thinking

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”