Littler Mendelson - 3L hiring Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Littler Mendelson - 3L hiring

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:20 pm

2L SA at a V50 in NYC. T14, Top 40%. Realize that I want to do L&E and thinking of trying for Littler. Some questions:

Do they hire 3Ls?
What is the pay by office?
How quickly are decisions made, i.e. if my firm gives me an offer in August, how do I not accept w/o letting them know I am shopping around? How long will I need an excuse for?

nevdash

Bronze

Re: Littler Mendelson - 3L hiring

Post by nevdash » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:11 pm

Last year, they were hiring 3Ls in the SF and LA offices (multiple spots for each). I had an interview from a resume drop that I had to cancel, and it was scheduled for mid-late September. I think that I was on the tail end of interviews, and they made decisions by mid-October.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:55 pm

I worked at Littler last summer - I think hiring decisions are highly office dependent. The office I worked in recruited in a very different way from other offices (my office didn't do OCI). If you're looking to work in the NY office, I suggest finding out who is in charge of associate recruitment in that office and contact that person directly - don't bother going through the San Fran contact.

Also, if you get an offer from your current firm, they will probably give you until November 1st to decide to accept the offer.

I think Littler's pay scale is on NALP. Traditionally, they have been under market rate, but not by much..... FWIW, I loved it there - but all offices are different.

Good Luck!

target

Silver

Post by target » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:19 pm

since you are already anon, do you mind telling us which office you were at last summer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:09 pm

Has anyone heard from them this year in LA/SF? I had a screener with them at OCI a while back but I haven't heard from them and I don't know anyone that has...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:08 pm

Has anyone heard anything from ANY of the offices that were looking? My simplicity post said Phi, Chi, SF, and LA were hiring 3L's.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard anything from ANY of the offices that were looking? My simplicity post said Phi, Chi, SF, and LA were hiring 3L's.
I'm the poster above. Those same offices were posted as well; it's possible they just haven't fully addressed their 3L hiring yet?

I sent a follow-up e-mail a week ago and have been ignored thus far.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:32 pm

Anything?? I haven't heard a thing about interviews or offers for 3L's.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:27 pm

applied via mass mail as a 3L, was quickly redirected to their website to submit app a month ago. silence since.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:applied via mass mail as a 3L, was quickly redirected to their website to submit app a month ago. silence since.
Hmm, which office was this for?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:applied via mass mail as a 3L, was quickly redirected to their website to submit app a month ago. silence since.
Did the same thing. Got a rejection via email a couple of days ago.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Which office did you apply to?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Which office did you apply to?
San Francisco

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:50 am

Their online app now only lists DC as looking for entry levels...so either they already hired some people or they had enough applications.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Their online app now only lists DC as looking for entry levels...so either they already hired some people or they had enough applications.
Just got dinged from the Chicago office. Sucks because I was recommended to the hiring partner by another partner. Not even an interview though I have good L&E experience.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Their online app now only lists DC as looking for entry levels...so either they already hired some people or they had enough applications.
Just got dinged from the Chicago office. Sucks because I was recommended to the hiring partner by another partner. Not even an interview though I have good L&E experience.
Dinged over the weekend? When did you apply?

What kind of L&E experience do you have? Surprised they didn't at least bring you in for an interview...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

What kind of L&E experience do you have? Surprised they didn't at least bring you in for an interview...
Summer + fall management-side L&E + relevant courses.

Rejection email sent on a Sunday.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Summer + fall management-side L&E + relevant courses.

Rejection email sent on a Sunday.
That's really odd. When did you apply? I haven't heard anything but I applied to the west coast offices. I have very similar L&E experience.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:18 pm

Annoyed I still haven't heard anything. Not sure why it's taking them so long to ding me because that's inevitably what it seems like will happen.

FYI they are looking for a 3L in DC and Phoenix.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:14 pm

Any movement from them?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:09 pm

Am I the only one still waiting? Anyone know if they extended CB's/offers to any 3Ls this year in SF/LA yet?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

luckyjd

Bronze

Post by luckyjd » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:57 pm

haha applied over a month ago, after getting like 10 confirmation emails, silence.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:19 pm

luckyjd wrote:haha applied over a month ago, after getting like 10 confirmation emails, silence.
Glad I'm not the only one...haha. Been 2 months for me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:33 pm

Finally got my ding in the mail. Not surprised because of the delay but I'm not sure why I didn't get a shot considering my credentials were pretty perfect for the firm. Ah well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Finally got my ding in the mail. Not surprised because of the delay but I'm not sure why I didn't get a shot considering my credentials were pretty perfect for the firm. Ah well.
Same here. Do they actually want 3Ls?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”