To whom should I address my cover letter? (NALP) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
MonsterTRM

New

To whom should I address my cover letter? (NALP)

Post by MonsterTRM » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:17 pm

On the NALP website, you will find both a "Hiring Attorney" and a "Recruiting Contact." Should I address my cover letter to the hiring attorney or the other one?

Or is it worth a call into their office to determine who is the appropriate person?

ph14

Gold

Re: To whom should I address my cover letter? (NALP)

Post by ph14 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:11 pm

MonsterTRM wrote:On the NALP website, you will find both a "Hiring Attorney" and a "Recruiting Contact." Should I address my cover letter to the hiring attorney or the other one?

Or is it worth a call into their office to determine who is the appropriate person?
I just addressed mine to the recruiting contact if listed, I think, as that is the person you will be mailing it to. It doesn't matter though.

BeenDidThat

Silver

Re: To whom should I address my cover letter? (NALP)

Post by BeenDidThat » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Probably won't really matter, but if they put a recruiting contact on their NALP form, you can bet that person is the person who will be compiling the resumes/CLs. It would be kind of a dick move to just ignore them and address the letter to a partner.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”