Wilson Sonsini

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 351090
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Wilson Sonsini

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Thoughts on this firm - financial stability, culture, summer program, what they're looking for in candidates, etc. I have a CB for litigation and would love any tips/info!

User avatar
NinerFan

Bronze
Posts: 482
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Wilson Sonsini

Post by NinerFan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:20 am

Palo Alto?

Anonymous User
Posts: 351090
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wilson Sonsini

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:56 pm

No, DC.

But since the DC office is so tiny, any information about the firm in general would be awesome, even if it's from people who summered at a CA office.

Anonymous User
Posts: 351090
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wilson Sonsini

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:20 pm

I had CB in DC recently. Anybody know how long it usually takes to hear back?

Anonymous User
Posts: 351090
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wilson Sonsini

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:57 pm

I had a CB in NY nearly 5 weeks ago, still haven't heard back. I don't know anyone who's heard either way with the exception of one offer in another forum on TLS.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 351090
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wilson Sonsini

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:38 pm

I was just offered my CB maybe 2 weeks ago max? I think their smaller offices move really slowly.

Anonymous User
Posts: 351090
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wilson Sonsini

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:I had a CB in NY nearly 5 weeks ago, still haven't heard back. I don't know anyone who's heard either way with the exception of one offer in another forum on TLS.
I had a callback a week or two ago and received a rejection letter.

Anonymous User
Posts: 351090
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wilson Sonsini

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:Thoughts on this firm - financial stability, culture, summer program, what they're looking for in candidates, etc. I have a CB for litigation and would love any tips/info!
a friend of mine works in the DC office but did not summer there. he does antitrust litigation and from what i gather that makes up the vast majority of the work in DC. WSGR is very silo'd so i wouldn't expect to see a lot of cross-office work. fwiw, he doesn't really like the culture (very intense/competitive, high hours expectations) and is preparing to leave (3rd year). probably not a bad place to start if you're interested in antitrust, though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 351090
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wilson Sonsini

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Thoughts on this firm - financial stability, culture, summer program, what they're looking for in candidates, etc. I have a CB for litigation and would love any tips/info!
a friend of mine works in the DC office but did not summer there. he does antitrust litigation and from what i gather that makes up the vast majority of the work in DC. WSGR is very silo'd so i wouldn't expect to see a lot of cross-office work. fwiw, he doesn't really like the culture (very intense/competitive, high hours expectations) and is preparing to leave (3rd year). probably not a bad place to start if you're interested in antitrust, though.
Interesting. I wonder if he's one of the associates I met. I heard the exact opposite about the culture, so I wonder now. My friend who works there said the culture in antitrust is great but that the hours were long.

Anonymous User
Posts: 351090
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wilson Sonsini

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I had a CB in NY nearly 5 weeks ago, still haven't heard back. I don't know anyone who's heard either way with the exception of one offer in another forum on TLS.
I had a callback a week or two ago and received a rejection letter.
By snail mail?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”