Split summer interview question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Split summer interview question

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:48 pm

I have an offer with a firm in Dallas for the second half of the summer. I have an interview with a firm in Dallas this week. The firm I am interviewing with allows one to do either split or full summers. I'm an out of state candidate. Should I mention that I already have an offer for the second half of the summer, and that I am looking to do the first half with them? Or should I act like I want to do the full summer with them?

Not sure what the consensus is regarding this. Thanks

bk1

Diamond

Re: Split summer interview question

Post by bk1 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:58 pm

Maybe it's different in TX (where splits are more common), but I would never indicate I wanted to split until I had an offer firmly in hand.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:05 am

bk187 wrote:Maybe it's different in TX (where splits are more common), but I would never indicate I wanted to split until I had an offer firmly in hand.
ok this is what I was thinking. Only reason I was questioning it was I could show my committment to the dallas market by saying I was already planning on being there the second half (not originally from there, but am from TX)

A12345

Bronze

Post by A12345 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
bk187 wrote:Maybe it's different in TX (where splits are more common), but I would never indicate I wanted to split until I had an offer firmly in hand.
ok this is what I was thinking. Only reason I was questioning it was I could show my committment to the dallas market by saying I was already planning on being there the second half (not originally from there, but am from TX)
With the firm being open to you working there full summer, I would definitely not mention you are looking to split. If they were either just first or second half, with no option of working the whole summer, then I wouldn't think it would be a problem to mention what half of the summer you would be interested in working in.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”