crowell & moring

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 350589
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

crowell & moring

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:25 pm

not sure if this thread exists, but anyone hear from them yet? (ny)
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350589
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: crowell & moring

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:44 pm

did you have a cb with them? Can I ask stats?

Anonymous User
Posts: 350589
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: crowell & moring

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:did you have a cb with them? Can I ask stats?
yep right around top 10% from t-30 ( think bu, bc). really liked them, but havent heard back yet! was wondering if offers/rejections had started coming yet

User avatar
fatduck

Gold
Posts: 4135
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: crowell & moring

Post by fatduck » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:did you have a cb with them? Can I ask stats?
yep right around top 10% from t-30 ( think bu, bc). really liked them, but havent heard back yet! was wondering if offers/rejections had started coming yet
i did a cb a couple weeks ago, and got an email ding about a week after, so if you haven't heard anything that's probably good.


that's right, i got rejected by the firm with the ducks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350589
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: crowell & moring

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:11 pm

fatduck wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:did you have a cb with them? Can I ask stats?
yep right around top 10% from t-30 ( think bu, bc). really liked them, but havent heard back yet! was wondering if offers/rejections had started coming yet
i did a cb a couple weeks ago, and got an email ding about a week after, so if you haven't heard anything that's probably good.


that's right, i got rejected by the firm with the ducks.

amazing post. just wondering what your stats were, method of rejection, and general date of interview? thanks!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 350589
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: crowell & moring

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:13 pm

I had a cb and was emailed a rejection about a week later too. Not really sure what they were looking for, they had an odd interview format where the interviewers came to you instead of you going to them.

User avatar
fatduck

Gold
Posts: 4135
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: crowell & moring

Post by fatduck » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
fatduck wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:did you have a cb with them? Can I ask stats?
yep right around top 10% from t-30 ( think bu, bc). really liked them, but havent heard back yet! was wondering if offers/rejections had started coming yet
i did a cb a couple weeks ago, and got an email ding about a week after, so if you haven't heard anything that's probably good.


that's right, i got rejected by the firm with the ducks.
amazing post. just wondering what your stats were, method of rejection, and general date of interview? thanks!!
better stats, like i said email rejection 7 days after cb. cb was 2-3 weeks ago. i assume offers went out before that but don't know for sure.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350589
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: crowell & moring

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:51 pm

yep right around top 10% from t-30 ( think bu, bc). really liked them, but havent heard back yet! was wondering if offers/rejections had started coming yet[/quote]
i did a cb a couple weeks ago, and got an email ding about a week after, so if you haven't heard anything that's probably good.


that's right, i got rejected by the firm with the ducks.[/quote]

amazing post. just wondering what your stats were, method of rejection, and general date of interview? thanks!![/quote]
better stats, like i said email rejection 7 days after cb. cb was 2-3 weeks ago. i assume offers went out before that but don't know for sure.[/quote]


not op but when you say "better stats" you mean better than OP who said around 10% from bu/bc? also, how did you feel the interview went? did it feel like a great fit and you were surprised or did it feel uncomfortable?

User avatar
fatduck

Gold
Posts: 4135
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: crowell & moring

Post by fatduck » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote: not op but when you say "better stats" you mean better than OP who said around 10% from bu/bc? also, how did you feel the interview went? did it feel like a great fit and you were surprised or did it feel uncomfortable?
yes, more like top 1%. as someone else mentioned in this thread, it was a really weird CB. they put us in individual rooms in this like, sparsely furnished basement level, and had the various interviewers come around to us. we didn't get to see the actual offices or anything which was pretty strange. honestly i think my resume just kind of pigeonholed me into a practice area they don't do a lot of, so it was probably an uphill battle for me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


Anonymous User
Posts: 350589
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: crowell & moring

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:39 pm

I have yet to hear from them about the screener at the BU/BC fair over 3 weeks ago. . .

Anonymous User
Posts: 350589
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: crowell & moring

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:10 am

fatduck wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: not op but when you say "better stats" you mean better than OP who said around 10% from bu/bc? also, how did you feel the interview went? did it feel like a great fit and you were surprised or did it feel uncomfortable?
yes, more like top 1%. as someone else mentioned in this thread, it was a really weird CB. they put us in individual rooms in this like, sparsely furnished basement level, and had the various interviewers come around to us. we didn't get to see the actual offices or anything which was pretty strange. honestly i think my resume just kind of pigeonholed me into a practice area they don't do a lot of, so it was probably an uphill battle for me.
Yeah, Crowell is weird. I was dinged there even though i felt I performed very well in the interviews and have my stats and should have been competitive (top 5% + LR at a t20). I think I made the mistake of answering honestly when they asked me where else I was interviewing -- I think they prefer people who were exclusively D.C. focused, regardless of how dumb that may be ITE.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350589
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: crowell & moring

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:26 pm

I know that over the past week (9/5, 9/7, and 9/10) the DC office did interviews. Anybody heard back from that lot?

Anonymous User
Posts: 350589
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: crowell & moring

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:37 pm

anyone hear from their NY office who did a cb last week?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 350589
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: crowell & moring

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know that over the past week (9/5, 9/7, and 9/10) the DC office did interviews. Anybody heard back from that lot?
Yeah - dinged via email. Broke my heart.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350589
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: crowell & moring

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I know that over the past week (9/5, 9/7, and 9/10) the DC office did interviews. Anybody heard back from that lot?
Yeah - dinged via email. Broke my heart.
DC i guess. anyone from NY? also the rejections reported earlier on the thread were they NY ? have any offers gone out by them yet or do they wait until after all cbs are completed?

Anonymous User
Posts: 350589
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: crowell & moring

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I know that over the past week (9/5, 9/7, and 9/10) the DC office did interviews. Anybody heard back from that lot?
Yeah - dinged via email. Broke my heart.
Same here today. I guess hiring committee met today, as promised.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350589
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: crowell & moring

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:23 am

Know someone that (apparently) has an offer at their NY office. No idea when they interviewed.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


Anonymous User
Posts: 350589
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: crowell & moring

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:29 pm

No ny news from the last week ?

Anonymous User
Posts: 350589
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: crowell & moring

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:21 pm

fingers crossed for news from NY this week...

Anonymous User
Posts: 350589
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: crowell & moring

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:50 pm

anything new here?

Anonymous User
Posts: 350589
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: crowell & moring

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:39 pm

bump

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”