4 CBs, no offer, no rejections.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 359172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

4 CBs, no offer, no rejections.

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:38 pm

4 CBs. One a month ago, the others with the past 2 weeks. No offers, no rejections. Don't know what to do. Anyone know of people that get offers in late September or October? A couple of my friends got offers from firms I want, so I am starting to realize this is not going well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 359172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 4 CBs, no offer, no rejections.

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:4 CBs. One a month ago, the others with the past 2 weeks. No offers, no rejections. Don't know what to do. Anyone know of people that get offers in late September or October? A couple of my friends got offers from firms I want, so I am starting to realize this is not going well.
I can't speak to your particular situation but I know plenty of people that got offers into Sept. or Oct.

User avatar
IAFG

Platinum
Posts: 6641
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: 4 CBs, no offer, no rejections.

Post by IAFG » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:53 pm

What will you wish you'd done now if four ding letters are in your mailbox next month?

Anonymous User
Posts: 359172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 4 CBs, no offer, no rejections.

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:4 CBs. One a month ago, the others with the past 2 weeks. No offers, no rejections. Don't know what to do. Anyone know of people that get offers in late September or October? A couple of my friends got offers from firms I want, so I am starting to realize this is not going well.
I can't speak to your particular situation but I know plenty of people that got offers into Sept. or Oct.
You're in neither a good nor bad position. Obviously, you were probably not anyone's first choice. However, you have four CBs and no rejections. There are definitely people out there with four CBs and four rejections. Waiting is horrible, but your situation could be much worse and you have a relatively high number of CBs. Hardly a guarantee, I know but I wouldn't bet on you coming up empty handed. I'd say the odds are on your side (I wouldn't say that if you had 2 or 3 rejections already).

Aqualibrium

Gold
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 am

Re: 4 CBs, no offer, no rejections.

Post by Aqualibrium » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:00 pm

IAFG wrote:What will you wish you'd done now if four ding letters are in your mailbox next month?
This is actually a pretty good exercise. Hope op sits down and think about that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 359172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 4 CBs, no offer, no rejections.

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:02 am

Going to Career Services today. I know its not over for me, but I just get the feeling it may not end well. I need to see what my other options are.

HeavenWood

Gold
Posts: 2890
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: 4 CBs, no offer, no rejections.

Post by HeavenWood » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:Going to Career Services today. I know its not over for me, but I just get the feeling it may not end well. I need to see what my other options are.
Mass mail. Now.

Anonymous User
Posts: 359172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 4 CBs, no offer, no rejections.

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:15 am

In the same place, but with one more coming up. People have been offered at my previous CBs. I just really don't know what to do differently at this CB than I have at my other ones. And those were CBs where my credentials were historically well in excess of what was necessary to get an offer at those firms. But if I don't get anything from mass mail, this could be my last one. Very small class size too. Feel like I should do the absolute opposite of everything I've been doing so far.

Anonymous User
Posts: 359172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 4 CBs, no offer, no rejections.

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:In the same place, but with one more coming up. People have been offered at my previous CBs. I just really don't know what to do differently at this CB than I have at my other ones. And those were CBs where my credentials were historically well in excess of what was necessary to get an offer at those firms. But if I don't get anything from mass mail, this could be my last one. Very small class size too. Feel like I should do the absolute opposite of everything I've been doing so far.
Try going to Career Services before your next CB for a mock interview and some advice. The last CB I have scheduled is next week, so I think I'm going to do that because I have 0 offers in hand so far.

Anonymous User
Posts: 359172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 4 CBs, no offer, no rejections.

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:23 am

Have done that multiple times. I think I am just going to do as many hours of prep on my own as I can and know things front to back. It's not like I haven't been trying already, though.

-10:15.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”