Paul Hastings in DC? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Paul Hastings in DC?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:55 pm

I'm a 2L looking at Paul Hastings in DC, and having a difficult time deciding (compared to V10 ranked firms in NY and DC). The firm generally seems great, but I really don't feel like I have any understanding of what the firm's level of prestige is/how that affects future exit options.

So, should I decide I want to leave after a few years, e.g., to go in-house or into government, would it be better if I were somewhere else? And/or does PH have ways of helping place people that other firms don't?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Paul Hastings in DC?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:17 pm

Also considering PH's DC office, along with Cleary, O'Melveny, Cadwalader, and Sullcrom. Thoughts on the best option? (for litigation, possibly white collar)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:34 pm

Bump-- anyone have any insight in PH D.C.?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:Also considering PH's DC office, along with Cleary, O'Melveny, Cadwalader, and Sullcrom. Thoughts on the best option? (for litigation, possibly white collar)
Sullcrom... Cadwalader should generally be avoided based on general reputation. Clearly, from my recollection, is focused predominantly on antitrust.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:02 am

I summered there, and I really liked it. It seemed like the opposite of a sweatshop. Hard to compare to other firms though. Associates lives seem much better than how they are described here, but the internet might just overblow how bad associates lifestyles are in general.

Though V10 is clearly more "prestigious." I'd imagine exit options are more tied to what practice group you join. If you want to do employment law, PH is really good.

Cleary and Sulcrom are just in another league in terms of "prestige."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”