Ice Miller Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Ice Miller

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:10 pm

I received a callback with them and was wondering if anyone had some info on them or their recruiting process?

Anonymous User

Re: Ice Miller

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:25 pm

I don't have any info on their process, but i also had a callback with them. Want to keep each other updated on when/if we hear something from them?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I don't have any info on their process, but i also had a callback with them. Want to keep each other updated on when/if we hear something from them?
Yeah, when was your callback and which office did you preference?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:39 pm

Heard that the Indy summers had an offer rate of only 4/7.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I don't have any info on their process, but i also had a callback with them. Want to keep each other updated on when/if we hear something from them?
9/7 and Columbus. Hbu?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
9/7 and Columbus. Hbu?
Same for me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Their hiring practices are pretty standard. Had a 3-person screener with them, which was awkward, but other than that the process was normal. CB was like 3-4 interviews with 2 attorneys in each one, followed by a CB lunch. Thought it was a very standard callback. Their recruiter called me to ask "if I was still interested" and as I understand it, she calls people back like an hour after that call and gives the offer.
Anonymous User wrote:Heard that the Indy summers had an offer rate of only 4/7.
That's pretty par for them. They also have a reputation in the city as an uptight firm that overworks their associates, FWIW.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Their hiring practices are pretty standard. Had a 3-person screener with them, which was awkward, but other than that the process was normal. CB was like 3-4 interviews with 2 attorneys in each one, followed by a CB lunch. Thought it was a very standard callback. Their recruiter called me to ask "if I was still interested" and as I understand it, she calls people back like an hour after that call and gives the offer.
That's pretty par for them. They also have a reputation in the city as an uptight firm that overworks their associates, FWIW.
I'm assuming you interviewed with them last year or are you talking about this year? How long did it take from your callback until you got the call?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Their hiring practices are pretty standard. Had a 3-person screener with them, which was awkward, but other than that the process was normal. CB was like 3-4 interviews with 2 attorneys in each one, followed by a CB lunch. Thought it was a very standard callback. Their recruiter called me to ask "if I was still interested" and as I understand it, she calls people back like an hour after that call and gives the offer.
My friend said that an associate made no effort to hide how overworked she was during her CB lunch.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
My friend said that an associate made no effort to hide how overworked she was during her CB lunch.
Not surprised. Sure, it is probably a step down in hours from NYC or even Chicago, but the hours are tough compared to most secondary market biglaw firms, and they have a reputation for being stuffy and uptight. I don't work there though, so this is all second-hand info and reputation stuff.

And to the above anon, I received a call a few weeks after my CB... maybe a week or two? This was last year. Again, the timeline and the process was very consistent with other secondary Midwestern markets including Indy.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
9/7 and Columbus. Hbu?
Same for me.
Heard anything yet? Also, good luck to you. Maybe I'll see you next summer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:29 pm

Heard anything yet? Also, good luck to you. Maybe I'll see you next summer.[/quote]

Still no news. and let's hope!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Updates?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Updates?
Nothing from me. All quiet here. Did you happen to ask about this offer ratio, or did they make any statement to you to the effect that they generally try to make 100% offers? That's starting to worry me a little bit.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:20 pm

I am not sure about their callback:offer ratio. I imagine it must vary from school to school? It costs more to fly out a student from far away than to compensate someone in the same city so they are more selective in the initial stage due to cost?

As far as summer offer rates, I think it is generally about 2/3. I asked about it briefly in my callback and I was told that they hire a summer associate for each available spot, but that generally only 2/3 get offers. They said this largely wasn't due to work product though, but, rather due to personality conflicts.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Updates?
Nothing here... anxiously waiting

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Any movement?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Nothing here. Any idea when we should hear?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:44 am

Anyone gotten the reimbursement check yet for their callback travel expenses?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:38 pm

Updates?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:01 am

So nobody has heard back yet? Its been like 2 and a half weeks since my callback...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:54 am

Updates? Any idea when we should be hearing back. Assuming optimistically that nobody else has yet...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:44 am

Still waiting here too. Heard they finished up call-backs last Friday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:02 pm

Think we will hear by the end of the week?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:19 pm

still haven't heard back from my screener in August. Safe to assume i'm on the waitlist? :P

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”